What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ordered from DV LAST WEEK and I got it TODAY in the US....
Airto - Fingers (listening to now.. great stuff)
Shostakovich-Jacoby/Mackerras
Art Garfunkel-Breakaway (yes, I CAVED in!!)
Ray Conniff-The Godfather
Boston Pops=great hits of the 70s
Gustav Mahler/Levine
Johnnie Taylor...

Just in time to send my Marantz to SERVICE/REPAIR...

There's a good chance I'll be ordering more too, keep those reviews coming. I must have missed it, a visit to the USA kap'n?

Last edited:
Gustav Mahler/Levine
Johnnie Taylor...
I don't know most of those but the Jacoby/Mackerras Shostakovich is eh.

Gustav Mahler/Levine
Johnnie Taylor...

Just in time to send my Marantz to SERVICE/REPAIR...
I really like the Levine Mahler 1+4 - and the Brahms 1 is a fantastic bonus, in a brand new mix from the multitracks.

Handel : Music For The Royal Fireworks (LSO), Water Music (Prague Chamber Orchestra) : Sir Charles Mackerras (DVD-Audio)

kccbl91.jpeg

Handel : Music For The Royal Fireworks (LSO), Water Music (Prague Chamber Orchestra) : Sir Charles Mackerras (DVD-Audio)

kccbl91.jpeg
Looks like you're collecting the old EMI DVD-Audios, a good choice, although the quad mixes are rarely that adventurous. The Martinon and Kempe discs in particular are excerpts from classic cycles of complete orchestral works, which AFAIK were issued entirely in quad back in the day.

Forget Yourself - The Church (DVD-A DualDisc)

PZ1SXWf.jpeg

mYYca1r.jpeg

(another Mr. Haynes 5.1 mix, do I spy..! :LOL: will be interesting to rack it up with Foo Fighters' One By One and other surround mixes of his I haven't tried/played in a while, when time permits)

(Edit: Thanks to Mr.Spock for shining a light on this old out of print disc! idk why or how but i totally missed it over the years!)

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-surround-volume-2.20127/page-723#post-381989

Last edited:
Looks like you're collecting the old EMI DVD-Audios, a good choice, although the quad mixes are rarely that adventurous. The Martinon and Kempe discs in particular are excerpts from classic cycles of complete orchestral works, which AFAIK were issued entirely in quad back in the day.

yes indeed! think i've nabbed 'em all now, bar the Richard Strauss Zarathustra/Alpensinfonie, which is proving rather tricky to locate on the cheap! :giggle:

Roadrunner - Hurriganes (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

Thanks to QQ member djstephan for the Discogs alert on this! (y)

Ok, it was a fair bit more than I ever hoped to pay.. but I've had it on the shopping list for many years without success so despite the hit to the old wallet this still feels good!! Woo..!!! :LB(I think!) :ROFLMAO:

QCGfEGb.jpeg

XnWOg3M.jpeg

Markie, you can save the best for last: Poco and Rick. Right up YOUR alley!
I don't know Ralphie, It's Friday, I just had beer, whiskey, bacon, eggs, Texas toast, while listening to SHM SACD Stereo Sticky Fingers which is black music all the way, so I am primed for more. Let me get ready my morning coffee, no more needle and spoon for me, and all let you know how the Black Motion Picture is. I am surprised you don't have it.

I don't know Ralphie, It's Friday, I just had beer, whiskey, bacon, eggs, Texas toast, while listening to SHM SACD Stereo Sticky Fingers which is black music all the way, so I am primed for more. Let me get ready my morning coffee, no more needle and spoon for me, and all let you know how the Black Motion Picture is. I am surprised you don't have it.
Very nice concoction. (y)

Btw, I had eggs, sausage and a bagel for dinner. Time for a can of Fat Tire now but I don’t have any whiskey. :eek::love:

Back