What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you guys spending your money on these ‘special’ mono and two-channel discs and it makes me feel good while I listen to my Apple Music subscription (a family plan that I do not pay) via Auro-3D and save money. :ROFLMAO:

I also like Auro-3D, but I recently found Multi In + Dolby Surround. I think it's awesome.....sometimes better than Auro 3D. Very full and lots of activity in the Atmos speakers. :)

From Mobile Fidelity....

45874500461_4a3433e5d6_n.jpg
45898959831_f6bbde0e06_n.jpg

From Stereo Sound of Japan.....

31101487087_b4557b4f93_n.jpg
31101487217_92cff3884c_n.jpg
31101487317_b3f273032a_n.jpg

From Mobile Fidelity....

45874500461_4a3433e5d6_n.jpg
45898959831_f6bbde0e06_n.jpg

From Stereo Sound of Japan.....

31101487087_b4557b4f93_n.jpg
31101487217_92cff3884c_n.jpg
31101487317_b3f273032a_n.jpg

Soundboy, would like to hear your take on the Suzanne Vega, Karla Bonoff and Holly Cole Trio Stereo SACDs and could you also provide an ordering link as HRAudio doesn't even list them nor does CDJapan. Thanks in advance

edit: I already have the AP Stereo SACD of the Holly Cole Trio 'Don't Smoke in Bed.' Excellent, BTW.

Last edited:
Soundboy, would like to hear your take on the Suzanne Vega, Karla Bonoff and Holly Cole Trio Stereo SACDs and could you also provide an ordering link as HRAudio doesn't even list them nor does CDJapan.

Each of the Stereo Sound SACDs came in a digipak, with a plastic tray to hold the disc. I haven't had time to play these SACDs, so no impressions yet.

Here's the ordering link....

https://www.stereosound-intlstore.jp/product-list/2

I listened to it the other day and thought it sounded uniformly excellent. Only wish it was remixed into 5.1.

FYI, it's also available domestically from ImportCD: https://www.importcds.com/beggars-banquet-50th-anniversary-edition/4988031306925
That’s why I didn’t order it in the first place😀. Just wondering what you thought of it. Not my favorite Stones album....but would be interesting to hear the interview😀

What I’d love to see though if it EVER GETS DONE is STICKY FINGERS 5.1 or better😀

That’s why I didn’t order it in the first place😀. Just wondering what you thought of it. Not my favorite Stones album....but would be interesting to hear the interview😀

What I’d love to see though if it EVER GETS DONE is STICKY FINGERS 5.1 or better😀
I do have the 1st pressing of the SHM/SACD of STICKY FINGERS though.....absolutely the best it’s EVER sounded

It seems the oldest Rock 'n Roll Band in the world is just content with touring [boppin' 'til they drop] as they've just announced their 2019 tour dates than revisiting their back catalogue and initiating Surround remixes.

Yes, this is another cash grab from the boys and IMO, the amount of effort in putting these 7" packages together could be time better spent ordering 5.1 remixes......and yet another cash grab for a later date!:eek:

I likewise have the SHM~SACD of STICKY FINGERS and agree ....it's pretty awesome!

Just came in today: Steely Dan's Pretzel Logic SACD. It is very nice in PLIIx faux surround, but oh, wouldn't we all love to hear the Elliot Scheiner 5.1 that is supposedly in the vault.

Oh, yes WE WOULD! And IMO, there's plenty of room in those way cool SHM~SACD 'boxes' for that 5.1 remix! Enjoy it.

It seems the oldest Rock 'n Roll Band in the world is just content with touring [boppin' 'til they drop] as they've just announced their 2019 tour dates than revisiting their back catalogue and initiating Surround remixes.

Yes, this is another cash grab from the boys and IMO, the amount of effort in putting these 7" packages together could be time better spent ordering 5.1 remixes......and yet another cash grab for a later date!:eek:

I likewise have the SHM~SACD of STICKY FINGERS and agree ....it's pretty awesome!
Totally agree with the $$$ grab.....they are now just A$$HOLES😀

Oh, yes WE WOULD! And IMO, there's plenty of room in those way cool SHM~SACD 'boxes' for that 5.1 remix! Enjoy it.
You know what I’d give my left testie for would be a live competition like “The Voice” pitting Scheiner vs Wilson, and see who comes out ahead. They would have to mix the same album in a given amount of time😀😀😀

You know what I’d give my left testie for would be a live competition like “The Voice” pitting Scheiner vs Wilson, and see who comes out ahead. They would have to mix the same album in a given amount of time😀😀😀

We'd probably end up buying both remixes as, IMO, it would be hard to choose between the two.

And who'd be the judge .... Rich Chycki?

We'd probably end up buying both remixes as, IMO, it would be hard to choose between the two.

And who'd be the judge .... Rich Chycki?

Yep, we would have to have both. And trying to decide which one is tops would be like a chameleon trying to hide in a box of crayons.

Back