What's the Latest Stereo (or Mono) SACD in Your Collection?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That has a great songlist...although I have quite a few of those songs...I've had mixed results from the Hong Kong SACDs...and I noticed something that seems different about that one...from what I understand...most of the Warner Hong Kong SACDs were pressed in Japan and the Sony Hong Kong SACDs were made in the EU....your Warner was made in the EU...not sure why or if it even matters these days...importcds has it...I'd ask you to tell me how it sounds but I know you have so many titles that are unopened that it's not a realistic request :)

That has a great songlist...although I have quite a few of those songs...I've had mixed results from the Hong Kong SACDs...and I noticed something that seems different about that one...from what I understand...most of the Warner Hong Kong SACDs were pressed in Japan and the Sony Hong Kong SACDs were made in the EU....your Warner was made in the EU...not sure why or if it even matters these days...importcds has it...I'd ask you to tell me how it sounds but I know you have so many titles that are unopened that it's not a realistic request :)

On the whole, Clint, I have quite a few of the HK Stereo SACDs and have enjoyed each and every one of them although I do not have the Best of Folk. I do highly recommend the Best of Diana Ross Stereo SACD. https://www.deepdiscount.com/all-the-great-hits-hybrid-sacd/600753841228

I very highly recommend this one: https://www.deepdiscount.com/mcmxc-a-d-hybrid-sacd/600753671924

MCMXC A.D. (Hybrid-SACD) [Import]

And this one as well https://www.deepdiscount.com/timeless-sacd/600753688038

Timeless (SACD) [Import]

Last edited:
Coincidentally, I'm listening to Folk Songs as I write this.

A few of the tracks appear to have the reverb/echo boosted or added. Others don't.

My greatest hopes were that I'd get the best sounding copies of the Gordon Lightfoot and Harry Chapin tracks.

I haven't had a chance to compare these to other copies I have. Lightfoot sounded very good. That alone makes it worth the price for me. Chapin seems a bit more compressed than I remember it on CD and LP.

Perhaps I'll also get to a/b Bread and Judy Collins to AF. I have 11 of the tracks on some other format.

I've seen/heard a few of these folks live: Lightfoot (7x), Everlys, Monkees and Judy Collins. At 8 or 9, my Daughter sat on the piano bench w/Collins while Judy sang/played! Sadly, I had tix for Chapin at Ravinia, but he passed a few days before.

...I'd ask you to tell me how it sounds but I know you have so many titles that are unopened that it's not a realistic request :)

Horowitz on Television (expanded) 3 hybrid Japan SACD's/DVD
Jaco Pastorius Japan SACD
Double Fantasy - John & Yoko Japan SHM-SACD
Goat Head Soup - Rolling Stones Japan SHM-SACD
A Night at Village Vanguard - Sonny Rollins Japan SHM-SACD

I've been thinking about that Double Fantasy Quad Goddess; please let me know what you think.

I recently bought this title and thought the mastering was way too cold and stiff sounding, maybe I need an LP version:
https://www.discogs.com/John-Lennon-Walls-And-Bridges/release/6465575

WOW, THAT CAME FAST, JP. Mine should be here any day as well. Should sound splendid through your SM V.2!
Yeah, the main thing is it actually came; I'm getting real peaved at these Japanese sellers on eBay and even discogs that advertise something for sale at a good price and then have lousy communication and it never shows or just cancel the order saying it's not in stock🤬
But what I notice is after they've communicated with me that they don't actually have it in stock, the listings continue to be offered.
So what's their game? I need to start a personal -"Do Not Order From" file for those unscrupulous sellers!

Last edited:
Yeah, the main thing is it actually came; I'm getting real peaved at these Japanese sellers on eBay and even discogs that advertise something for sale at a good price and then have lousy communication and it never shows or just cancel the order saying it's not in stock🤬
But what I notice is after they've communicated with me that they don't actually have it in stock, the listings continue to be offered.
So what's their game? I need start a personal -"Do Not Order From" file for those unscrupulous sellers!

I just checked TRAVELS availability @ CDJapan and they list it for $51 and then they specifiy it ships in 2~4 weeks and then you have to go through their expensive PROXY Service which adds another $10+ and then pay s/h .......

I Finally received my James Taylor 6 RBCD box set from AmazonUK after waiting months ...... my original order specified ON ITS WAY ... but running late ..... and then it never arrived and I had to communicate through AmazonUK's chat room with a customer service rep who finally dispatched it, yet again ......... but it was well worth the wait ....... Taylor's first 6 albums from Warner impeccably remastered by Taylor's producer Peter Asher.

This came in recently also, always thought the LP sounded rough (hopefully this will sound better?)
The Kinks - Sleepwalker -SACD

View attachment 42898

I purchased almost all of those Kinks Stereo SACDs when they first came out [at reasonable prices] and IMO, they all sound great. Hope you didn't get robbed on this one, JP.

Back