what's this horseshit - do we have a thread on this

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quadtrade

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Since 2002/2003
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CLAPTON-Re...090434?hash=item1ee52f22c2:g:K~gAAOSwVXZbQLxy

check out this guys quad sales room.

1-quad rip.jpg

Attachments

• quad rip.jpg
    quad rip.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 102
I'd think it would be fun to record a quad disc to Q4 reel to reel. Like something mastered really well, Aqualung or DSOTM or (a channel corrected) "A Space in Time". Play that off of a really good analog tape and nice rig for the fun of it.

But I would not try selling them.

Last edited:
Judging from his other auctions, it looks like the seller might be the "Enoch the Rad" guy, or at least someone close to him. Can't imagine buying anything legit from someone who also sells pirated tape dubs. Hope others will follow suit.

I tried reporting a load of these kinds of things to eBay a couple of years ago (there's a thread about it somewhere, bogus Q8 and QRs) but they didn't do anything about it, so I've given up on that. Hopefully wise and enlightened people like the folks here will just steer clear of this kind of thing and give their money to companies that legitimately deserve it.

I meant that in light of the fact that he's selling pirated tape dubs, I'd be disinclined to buy any of his other auctions that seemingly aren't breaking the rules, like his homebrew/DIY Enoch The Rad tapes etc.

(It does however, feel like an act of cultural vandalism to take a commercially released Q8 tape, of which there are a finite amount, and record over it with your own material, but that's a philosophical debate for another time and place, I think.)

I have a question. Has HDTT gone legitimate? For the past year or so, besides DSD/FLAC high quality downloads they have been releasing physical discs in multiple formats mastered from 15 ips Open Reel Masters from multiple sources.

Since commercially duplicated Open Reels were ONLY released in 7 1/2ips [and 3 3/4 ips] these seem to be from either major conglomerates or private collectors who had one time worked for the major record companies.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Example: https://www.highdeftapetransfers.co...-blakey-the-jazz-messengers-pure-dsd-pure-dsd [note Recording Info: mastered from 15 ips Open Reel Tape]

Another example: https://www.highdeftapetransfers.co...etches-fritz-reiner-chicago-symphony-pure-dsd

Ironically, when I click on the link, I am taken to a listing of my own album, Disturbing the Universe, in discrete 4.0. Totally authorized and not an upmix.
4.0 straight out of the mixing environment.

Enoch has been dubbing original material to R2R for quite some time. I have not been aware of any pirated or copyrighted material.

I, for one, am very appreciative of his endeavors, which he does more or less at cost. Dubbing Disturbing the Universe to 4.0 R2R has gotten the album out to listeners who might not otherwise have ever heard it. And proceeds helped to fund the CD/BD version.

I have a question. Has HDTT gone legitimate? For the past year or so, besides DSD/FLAC high quality downloads they have been releasing physical discs in multiple formats mastered from 15 ips Open Reel Masters from multiple sources.

Since commercially duplicated Open Reels were ONLY released in 7 1/2ips [and 3 3/4 ips] these seem to be from either major conglomerates or private collectors who had one time worked for the major record companies.

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Example: https://www.highdeftapetransfers.co...-blakey-the-jazz-messengers-pure-dsd-pure-dsd [note Recording Info: mastered from 15 ips Open Reel Tape]

Another example: https://www.highdeftapetransfers.co...etches-fritz-reiner-chicago-symphony-pure-dsd
There have been dozens of threads on different forums about a seller who has hundreds of 15 IPS tapes that were sent to radio stations. Perhaps those are his source. Or perhaps he is simply lying about the source. What would one expect from a pirate.

Enoch has been dubbing original material to R2R for quite some time. I have not been aware of any pirated or copyrighted material.
Oh, it's his own material? I wasn't aware. Somewhere this thread took a turn because I'm pretty sure he is not Eric Clapton.

I'm only doing approved or my own thing now. The time, effort and cost to me is not worth the small margin if it's not appreciated under the big tent here. I took the listing down. To me it was just sharing the appreciation of quad music at an affordable price, for some guys with just quad machines. So my little card table with 15 homemade tapes is gone now.

I'm only doing approved or my own thing now. The time, effort and cost to me is not worth the small margin if it's not appreciated under the big tent here. I took the listing down. To me it was just sharing the appreciation of quad music at an affordable price, for some guys with just quad machines. So my little card table with 15 homemade tapes is gone now.
I'm certainly willing to hear what you have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back