what's this horseshit - do we have a thread on this

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all these defensive sentiments for quad pirates, I have to point out that Jon is trying to walk a fine line of supporting old out-of-print formats and encouraging new production in the surround space. I believe he does this admirably and deserves all of our support. All he asks is that we keep the trading in PMs. The bay is certainly not a private message and I think the original complaint from the OP is valid. The more we can keep the copying and trading out of the public eye, the better for surround in general.

not having a go at anyone or singling any one person out, would just like to gently make a low key nudge that a number of QT guys might also happen to be QQ guys or at least QQ lurkers or vice versa (not saying anyone in particular is either or both but just something to consider maybe, we all know its a small world this Quad game after all) and while I can't and don't speak for anyone else at all, I have to express my mixed emotions (including somethings on a scale of frustration and disappointment) that some kind of light has been shone on what is a very very (very) small closed group which I'm sure would like to stay that way for reasons that ought not need to be spelt out. personally I'd rather that group were not discussed out in the open on any public forum but maybe that's just me being old-fashioned.

i've said it here before, i'll say it til I drop, if the proverbial "everything" Quad was out there digitally, legitimately already, then alternative means of resource would not need to be sought by Quaddies of all persuasions, backgrounds and vintage...

...but sadly it is, so some law-abiding folks grow a beard, chop off their leg, stick a parrot on their shoulder and take to the high seas in the pursuit of that which they cannot legitimately pay for and buy in multichannel!

call them pirates, call them pilferers, call them pioneers if you will.. but me, i call them heroes - and some i'm privileged to call friends. phew! :p

+1

With all these defensive sentiments for quad pirates, I have to point out that Jon is trying to walk a fine line of supporting old out-of-print formats and encouraging new production in the surround space. I believe he does this admirably and deserves all of our support. All he asks is that we keep the trading in PMs. The bay is certainly not a private message and I think the original complaint from the OP is valid. The more we can keep the copying and trading out of the public eye, the better for surround in general.

I understand what you are saying...and if you believe in the "don't ask..don't tell" secret trading...that's fine...but where I don't agree is that the OP's complaint is necessary...or to be more specific...that it is anyone's business on here what transpires on Ebay...it's been going on for years...if they choose to run their business in that fashion...it's up to them...and all the finger pointing and crying on here isn't going to change anything...and to be candid...it's just a little hypocritical to single out EBAY publicly when it goes on here in(by your own admission)PMs...and what about all the posts on here about how to defeat copy protection in making copies of commercially released material...and of course nobody would ever share any of these copies with another person:rolleyes:....when you live in a glass house...it's not wise to throw stones..

I've complained to Ebay many times about fake copies...mainly from Russia...and now I see that China is doing the same things...but I still do business on Ebay and I certainly will continue...I just know what to avoid...on their end it's a little difficult to enforce policies on a foreign entity...record companies know about a lot of these fakes and they don't stop them...so is it just the hubris of one individual on a small forum that thinks he can stop this practice by starting a thread...or is it just a way to complain about something that everybody already knows about and could care less..

In regards to Jon...I think he does get more than just support on here...he has the respect and admiration of his peers...and I'm certainly one of them..but just like with friends and family members...we don't always agree...and this is one of those times..

Sorry to belabor the point, but this reminds me of what I think may be the most nihilistic thing I've ever read, before or since (I think it was on an old Usenet group):

"It's all bullshit. Everything is bullshit. Do you want ketchup on yours?"

"no ketchup on my bullshit thanks, i'm watching my figure (go down the drain!)" :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back