Which albums would you like to hear in 5.1 surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few more start with a twofer.
MI0001507577.jpg
61ScQhv-cjL._SS500.jpg
Great band seen live in there prime of course Detroit rocks, anyway crazy decadent show great albums.
R-3186957-1335593265.jpeg.jpg
Basically a Detroit product saw them live also but later, not much later, don't like shows with 70 year olds playing. If you didn't see them in their prime too bad, just buy the album trust me it's better than over priced tickets to see old groups stumbling thru their song's that you should've seen in the 70's. Again save your money buy the album.
61-6qJVbknL._SX355_.jpg
Definitely top 5 guitarist saw live in Kalamazoo in his prime 1975 Wings Stadium. Why is it the best guitarist don't sing it's ok, Hendrix vocals not very good stick with just playing the guitar.
WHITE_ZOMBIE_SUPERSEXY+SWINGIN+SOUNDS-69495.jpg
White Zombie better to have best of's or remix album mixed in 5.1, did not see them live.😕

Dire Straits - On Every Street

Mainly for the beautiful You and Your Friend. Already imagining that lap steel guitar popping out of your left channel and possibly swirling into the rears. [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

You made my day FVDnz! Saw your post on my phone and jumped right out of bed in a great mood(this never happens.) I enjoy this album as much as any other Dire Straits album. This album has sold 10's of millions of copies worldwide. It's a Bob Clearmountain production. My favorite song on this one is Fade to Black; where we get to hear some of the finest hybrid guitar picking around by one of my favorite guitarists "Mark Knopfler." Also I believe the masters on this one are DDD (and I ain't talking 'bout bra size hear lads;):whistle:)

Oingo Boingo - Dead Man's Party... what a surround party this would be with guitars, keys, multiple percussionists, horn section, tons of background vocals... and this thing woud sell well if they clue the youngsters in to the "Nightmare Before Christmas" connection!

Skherbeck, I'm really mystified that Danny Elfman who has been an incredibly prolific Hollywood film composer hasn't seen fit to remix his wonderful Oingo Boingo back catalogue into 5.1 .... even Dolby Atmos! Perhaps his pal, Tim Burton, could put a spark up his ass!

Even his brilliant film music should be in 5.1!

o-TIM-BURTON-DANNY-ELFMAN-facebook.jpg

Last edited:
I REALLY think it's HIGH TIME for the Rolling Stones [Organization] to step up to home plate and start remixing their classic albums into 5.1.
Or is it High Tide? [emoji6]
Dire Straits - On Every Street
My favorite Dire Straits album and, indeed, probably my favorite Mark Knopfler album from any of his projects. It's a many-layered production that would lend itself very nicely to a surround mix. The original WB US CD is one of my reference discs; a well-executed 5.1 edition could fill the same role.

Last edited:
Tame Impala - Currents (2015) Produced by Kevin Parker
Michael Jackson - Thriller (1982) Produced by Quincy Jones
Los Fabulosos Cadillacs - Rey Azúcar (1995) Produced by Tina Weymouth, Chris Frantz
Pink Floyd - The Wall (1979) Produced by Bob Ezrin, David Gilmour, Roger Waters
Gorillaz - Gorillaz (2001) Produced by Tom Girling, Jason Cox, Dan the Automator, Gorillaz
Gorillaz - Demon Days (2005)
Produced by Gorillaz, Danger Mouse, Jason Cox, James Dring
Gustavo Cerati - Siempre es Hoy (2002)
Produced by Gustavo Cerati

Currents would be spectacular!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You made my day FVDnz! Saw your post on my phone and jumped right out of bed in a great mood(this never happens.) I enjoy this album as much as any other Dire Straits album. This album has sold 10's of millions of copies worldwide. It's a Bob Clearmountain production. My favorite song on this one is Fade to Black; where we get to hear some of the finest hybrid guitar picking around by one of my favorite guitarists "Mark Knopfler." Also, I believe the masters on this one are DDD (and I ain't talking 'bout bra size hear lads;):whistle:)

My favorite Dire Straits album and, indeed, probably my favorite Mark Knopfler album from any of his projects. It's a many-layered production that would indeed lend itself very nicely to a surround mix. The original WB US CD is one of my reference discs; a well-executed 5.1 edition could fill the same role.

It's an album I've only recently gotten into which is somewhat criminal, given that I've been a fan of the earlier records for many years. Loved Brothers in Arms as a kid too! On Every Street is indeed, a well-produced album and having gotten into the majority of Toto's records over the past year, learning that Jeff Porcaro played on OES prompted me to check the record out, lol.

And Fade to Black is a lovely track indeed-y. :)

It’s funny some of you are mentioning Dire Straits. For the past several weeks, I’ve been listening to the catalog non-stop, every day, along with Mark Knopfler’s new album (which is excellent...best work in years) and Golden Heart. I would love me some more of this work in Surround, especially, On Every Street.

It’s funny some of you are mentioning Dire Straits. For the past several weeks, I’ve been listening to the catalog non-stop, every day, along with Mark Knopfler’s new album (which is excellent...best work in years) and Golden Heart. I would love me some more of this work in Surround, especially, On Every Street.
Well, two of his solo albums are available in surround:
- Sailing To Philadelphia (DVD-A)
- Shangri-La (DVD-A and SACD)

I saw Jeff Lynne's ELO at The Oakland Coliseum this 2018 year, almost boring.

Lynne’s “ELO” album from a few years ago (I forget the title offhand) was horribly boring and sounded nothing like ELO, IMO. I doubt I’d pay to see him at this point.

But if he wanted to have the “On TheThird Day” through “Time” era albums remixed in surround? I’d be his new biggest fan!

Talk to me about that, Eric Bibb has a ton of releases, and I get shy when an artist has so many mch releases whats you opinion Pup?

Not sure what you mean; but my two favorites are "Spirit and the Blues" and "Good Stuff" with Needed Time. They don't have a lot of rear channel action, but the music is very personal & spiritual.

Back