Which albums would you like to hear in 5.1 surround?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
some really good choices here, making me dust off some stereo albums I haven't spun in years.
I would like to add two Woods Of Ypres albums, Woods IV: The Green Album and Woods 5: Grey Skies And Electric Lights.

Rather than having albums redone in surround, (although all that have been done , I’m grateful for ) I dream of a computer program that would take a CD and let you break it down anyway you want . It could take each instrument and let you do with it what you want with as many channels as you want . I mean as long as we are dreaming ........ right ?

Rather than having albums redone in surround, (although all that have been done , I’m grateful for ) I dream of a computer program that would take a CD and let you break it down anyway you want . It could take each instrument and let you do with it what you want with as many channels as you want . I mean as long as we are dreaming ........ right ?

me too, some sort of recorder that can isolate and lock on to a melodic signature within an sonic landscape, like the human brain can pick out and follow a particular instrument, or a dog can pick out a scent and follow it.

I just realized last night that Enya would sound amazing in 5.1. Basically any of her albums, but Watermark, Shepherd Moons, A Day Without Rain or And Winter Came. I would take any of those.

its not Enya but its her sister in surround..

A03D3FEF-2459-4FF2-BF43-FF29BE6E62ED.jpeg

There you go again Fred...another one added to me wish list!!
Presume its fairly discrete?

doof doof doof, another Quad hits the list! :LB

let me double check tonight,
i remember it being pleasantly surround-y but it was a while ago now. its unlikely to be total balls, those tend to stand out in my memory as much as the wonderful ones.

doof doof doof, another Quad hits the list! :LB

let me double check tonight,
i remember it being pleasantly surround-y but it was a while ago now. its unlikely to be total balls, those tend to stand out in my memory as much as the wonderful ones.
I haven't listened to the Moya Brennan in a while, but I think it was OK.

I'd say to have heard them/of them you'd have to be in the UK and over 60! :D

It's only numbers round the wrong way!! eg 46...:ROFLMAO:

But I do remember trying to get the girlfriend into them....:unsure::)
Blimey 44 years ago
Now what was her name?
There I was sharing a flat with me mates in Southampton.
Sooooo many memories ...

Back