Which matrix for stereo listeners?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajc_trw

I’ve played a few quad matrix songs in my car and think QS does a better job at surround representation than SQ especially with Darkside. And with YouTube clips on my laptop QS has more of a surround presence than SQ or the other two.

Anyone else have a preference as to playing surround/Quadraphonic music on a two channel system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually of the original SQ and QS systems it was the Sony SQ that did a way better job of stereo, it was just a misery to extract good surround sound from it. The Sansui QS was vastly better for the end surround decode but the stereo image was obviously compressed. We at Involve claim our own encode matrix has the best of both world with perfect stereo and surround.....hey I am biased!

Actually of the original SQ and QS systems it was the Sony SQ that did a way better job of stereo, it was just a misery to extract good surround sound from it. The Sansui QS was vastly better for the end surround decode but the stereo image was obviously compressed. We at Involve claim our own encode matrix has the best of both world with perfect stereo and surround.....hey I am biased!

Can I have a link to get more information on Involve please. I’d love to try out. Thanks [emoji16]

Can I have a link to get more information on Involve please. I’d love to try out. Thanks [emoji16]

Hi

Try our website first (its being modified so it may be a bit wacky) www.involveaudio.com

Better yet drop me an email and I will send a bunch of technical reports/ tests/ summarised review and stuff. [email protected]

Regards

Chucky

Back