Whoever Wins the $1.6 BILLION Lottery:

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I've read different states have different rules on this. Unfortunately my state does not allow you to stay anonymous. Not sure about setting up a trust though to keep my name private. Like I'm really gonna win, right?

Yep so hire a good tax/financial/business lawyer also a CPA and CFP, incorporate yourself create a Claiming Trust and or LLC and then disappear for a while, you can now afford to travel. Oh, and get a new phone number and lose any social media before you sign anything....and tell no one, until you absolutely have to! Sadly this is all easier on paper than in reality.

KIAS (Keep it Anonymous stupid) :censored:

Unfortunately, in some states winners are not allowed to remain anonymous...something to do with public information. The first thing one would need to do after winning is see a lottery lawyer and then hire security...lots of it. There will be stalkers out there and you will never be able to go anywhere without your security detail. I think that winning a couple of million after taxes will be sufficient and keep one under the radar.

That is a screwed up system. One person wins the entire sum. If there were multiple winners the people would more likely want to play it more often as they would at least have the illusion that there was a chance to win. The more winners, the more that money is dispersed around the country. Humans., the number 1 source of disappointment in the universe.

It appears in the state of South Carolina a lottery winner can remain anonymous...so the vultures(media)may not get their prey(y)

That may be so, but anyone who wins that amount of mullah can't keep it a secret for long.

But Clinty, you can placate yourself when your 'squeaky toy' arrives in the mail.

Back