Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a neighbor way back in the old neighborhood, a beat cop with a yello convertible to wash each weekend. But he really distinguished himself every December. On Christmas Eve, several neighbors wiith kids, would receive a phone call, telling them their kids should look outside into the street. And sure enough, there would be some sort of Jolly Old Elf in a red suit and white beard, pacing up and down the avenue, making wide, obvious gestures to his watch, and waving his arms in exasperation and frustration, tapping his feet, and looking Right At YOU, whichever window had a young face looking throough it. And you can bet EVERY tyke in the block would dash upstairs to bed, practically tucking themselves in, lights out and quiet, as Mom and Dad would suddenly find time to themselves for whatever they'd planned to do that evening, maybe "clean out the closets" or something....

Why am I telling you this? Because, if there were ever a reason for a mythical holiday figurhead to be let loose on that mythical, palm-tree-lined boulevard in their mythical Burbank location from the record label for just such a purpose...make sure you give that elfin icon a boombox to carry over his head, blasting "Listen To The Music", all the way up and down the street, Cusack-like.

Snood not believe this is a real release :geek:

Snood not believe we went to moon either:unsure:

You figure out what me mean :cool:

Then you probably don't believe the moon is made of cheese! Swiss, that is!

wonder_if_the_moon_is_made_of_cheese____by_jean_claude17-d4griyk.jpg

Guys, I know that we all thought these would be out by now, but we all know how the BIG record companies work, and Rhino is only a division of the monster WEA which is a division of an even bigger company. I know that these were being prepared early this past summer and as far as I know they are still just waiting for a release date to be announced. Steve has indicated that they are "ready to go" and as soon as he gives the word we'll know.

I am not going to pester him with repeated requests as to when that will be because I am POSITIVE that he can't wait to get these out and see how we all react to them. I myself can't wait as these are prime pieces of '70s Quad history and even though we still have the Quad Reels and DVD-A conversions done by very skilled converters, the BluRays cut from the master tapes should be the best that these recordings have ever sounded.

Maybe the D-V approach of announcing titles when they are ready to ship is the best policy, but you have to admit that we all love to hear what's coming out and to speculate and wonder when the heck they'll show, if ever.

Again, if I knew anything I would say, but the last time I asked Steve (ForagingRhino), his response was "soon". So that's it for now.

Thankfully, there's a WHOLE LOT MORE coming this year from other sources, so enjoy the ride. The Quadio Stop for the train is still a few stations away, and it's a long train (running)!

Guys, I know that we all thought these would be out by now, but we all know how the BIG record companies work, and Rhino is only a division of the monster WEA which is a division of an even bigger company. I know that these were being prepared early this past summer and as far as I know they are still just waiting for a release date to be announced. Steve has indicated that they are "ready to go" and as soon as he gives the word we'll know.

I am not going to pester him with repeated requests as to when that will be because I am POSITIVE that he can't wait to get these out and see how we all react to them. I myself can't wait as these are prime pieces of '70s Quad history and even though we still have the Quad Reels and DVD-A conversions done by very skilled converters, the BluRays cut from the master tapes should be the best that these recordings have ever sounded.

Maybe the D-V approach of announcing titles when they are ready to ship is the best policy, but you have to admit that we all love to hear what's coming out and to speculate and wonder when the heck they'll show, if ever.

Again, if I knew anything I would say, but the last time I asked Steve (ForagingRhino), his response was "soon". So that's it for now.

Thankfully, there's a WHOLE LOT MORE coming this year from other sources, so enjoy the ride. The Quadio Stop for the train is still a few stations away, and it's a long train (running)!

I almost went into cardiac arrest because I thought this was going to be another November release:D

Oh the November surprise, or surprises I can't wait. A WHOLE LOT MORE, I mean wowie zowie, how much more could there be?

I think we still have about a whole month for them to announce this release with enough time to get it released before the end of the year, but I would bet that if we don't hear anything definitive by the end of October that this is not happening this year.

October 22, 2018

Nothing yet.

The wait is killing us!!!

Regards,

I think it's delayed until next year.
The window for announcing anymore new releases for 2018 is closing fast.
Same goes for Pink Floyd's "Animals" 5.1 mix.
If we don't hear anything more about either of these titles by the end of this month, then yeah, I think it's safe to say they are delayed until next year.

I think it's delayed until next year.
The window for announcing anymore new releases for 2018 is closing fast.
Same goes for Pink Floyd's "Animals" 5.1 mix.
If we don't hear anything more about either of these titles by the end of this month, then yeah, I think it's safe to say they are delayed until next year.

It makes me wonder if the powers that be decided there were too many other big dollar items to compete with in the next few months.

It makes me wonder if the powers that be decided there were too many other big dollar items to compete with in the next few months.

Exactly.
Rhino's already releasing stuff for Chicago, the Eagles, the Grateful Dead, Fleetwood Mac, Chic, and Aretha Franklin in the next two months.
Plus there's also Parlophone's releases (which Rhino also handle) from David Bowie, Marillion, Kate Bush, and Jethro Tull.

And that's not even taking in to account the releases that the other two majors (Universal & Sony) have lined up for the next two months as well!
(Beatles, Paul McCartney, Moody Blues, Jimi Hendrix, RUSH, Rolling Stones, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back