Rhino to Release Doobie Brothers QUADIO Edition! (ARCHIVE THREAD)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exellent idea Jon.

Hopefully Acura already has a Usb 5.1 sampler when this new RDX comes out as that would be very cool but I am not counting on it.

I was thinking the same thing. They will probably have WB/Rhino create a USB sampler stick for the sales guys to demo the car. Should be interesting to see if they do and what they put on it.

I was thinking the same thing. They will probably have WB/Rhino create a USB sampler stick for the sales guys to demo the car. Should be interesting to see if they do and what they put on it.

Not to be the pessimist in the room but I highly doubt that happens. It's not like they gave out a DTS disc for the last system. I'd bet anything that the salespeople are gonna have no clue this feature exists.

That being said I've already begun compiling my own USB stick for a test drive...

Just a quick note re Quadio Boxes.

I took the liberty to request this masterpiece of quad mixing some 3 or 4 months ago via Rhino's website .
I emphasized how excellent the quad is ....so a no brainer to release this still very popular bands quad titles.
I'm certain I wasn't the only QQ'R who did the same , btw.

Great job to all involved.....and yes thanks for listeing Rhino and foraging rhino dude.

So Rhino direct contact sometimes yields great re-issues....let's us all do our part to continue in this vein .:rocks

Just a quick note re Quadio Boxes.

I took the liberty to request this masterpiece of quad mixing some 3 or 4 months ago via Rhino's website .
I emphasized how excellent the quad is ....so a no brainer to release this still very popular bands quad titles.
I'm certain I wasn't the only QQ'R who did the same , btw.

Great job to all involved.....and yes thanks for listeing Rhino and foraging rhino dude.

So Rhino direct contact sometimes yields great re-issues....let's us all do our part to continue in this vein .:rocks
I've done the same. If we get a letter writing campaign going maybe they'll make this happen.

Here's a direct link that I used to make it easier:

http://rhinostore.warnermusic.com/contacts

I see discussion above about a letter writing campaign, in this thread about the Doobie Brothers quadio. Perhaps I misread the thread. I thought the Doobie Bro's decision was a done deal?

If not, then I'll gladly join the campaign.

That's correct indeed . Foraging Rhino has already confirmed it will be released sometime this year.
That's probably the best quad re-issue news we've had reported since the Chicago Quadio.

Now....I will be contacting Rhino (directly )more often for more great quad re-issues.

Hmmmmmm...Joni Mitchell has 2 (and maybe a quad " Blue " ).......so ..three.
Ditto 3 fr Gordon Lightfoot if "Gord's Gold " got mixed as reported by Schwann as an upcoming CD-4 for 76.
There could also be 4 Eagles discs as well. (That would make Jon's day..I believe he likes early Eagles )

I had an occasion to visit a few Doobies quad reels the other day after not touching them for years. Wow, these mixes are pure quad demo material. I know that "The Captain and Me" has been done recently in 5.1 on DVD-A and Japan SACD, but the other 3 albums are still fresh and not too over exposed.

This Quadio box will be a must buy for all QQ members and if you don't have a blu ray player at this point, this box along with the Chicago Quadio should be enough to motivate you, as there are quite a few low cost players out there now, and of course there are plenty of used players available, including Oppo's - but those will be going fast! So WTF are you waiting for? ;)

I, for one, can't wait to listen to the Doobies music in hirez pristine 4 channel quad without a CD-4 carrier or tape hiss!

For those on the fence about this one, and for those who have the CD-4, Q8, and/or Q4, check out the poll threads for these 4 titles. Essentially the BluRay Box will be the same mixes as these quad tapes and the disc, but it will be cleaner, clearer, and better on the BluRay discs than we could ever have imagined back in the day.

Toulouse Street
The Captain and Me (Remember, this is the original quad mix, not the 5.1 DVD-A mix
What Were Once Vices are Now Habits
Stampede

I would buy the Doobies bluray set, even though I have all the Q4 Doobies tapes except for Toulouse Street. A Q4 of TS came up once on ebays " buy it now" for $79 and I always regretted not getting it, but I did snag a sealed CD-4 Toulouse street and converted it to Q4. When I won the auction for the sealed CD4, I did not get the disc in a timely manner, so I attempted contact with the seller, but he would not respond. In a last ditch effort to get the disc I had a brainstorm and emailed the seller, asking if he was ill and unable to send the disc. He immediately responded and we had a nice conversation and he sent me the disc. Turns out he once lived in my town. A sealed CD4 of TS was very important to me and well worth the extra effort that it took to get it.

I was just reading the latest Sound & Vision and there was an article in there about Best Buy dumping CDs, and Target changing their deal with the record companies such that they only pay for the CDs they actually sell. Wow. Things are looking pretty bleak for brick and mortar CD purchasing. I hope that these new policies don't impact the sales of this new upcoming Quadio box, as we need to show that the market still exists for stuff like this to get future releases.

At least we'll always have the internet sellers like Amazon, and................amazon, and ..........................amazon. :eek:

I was just reading the latest Sound & Vision and there was an article in there about Best Buy dumping CDs, and Target changing their deal with the record companies such that they only pay for the CDs they actually sell. Wow. Things are looking pretty bleak for brick and mortar CD purchasing. I hope that these new policies don't impact the sales of this new upcoming Quadio box, as we need to show that the market still exists for stuff like this to get future releases.

At least we'll always have the internet sellers like Amazon, and................amazon, and ..........................amazon. :eek:

As long as there is a pressing plant left...there is always hope:unsure:

And Bullmoose Music, mang! Don't forget them.

Billboard covered that back in February.
Changes are continuing in the music industry.

http://www.quadraphonicquad.com/for...s-cds-on-july-1st-lps-get-2-more-years.24344/

Does anyone have any inside info on when we might see a Doobies quadio box?

I think I can tell you without breaking a confidence that the release date should be announced by the end of the summer. :censored:
ForagingRhino (Steve) will let us know when we can expect it when he's allowed to say.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back