Yellow Magic Orchestra (YMO) Celebrates 40th Anniversary With Releases on SACD/vinyl

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Translation to English from below link:

YMO40周年、アルバム10作をハイレゾ配信、レコード、SACDで再発「YMO40」プロジェクト

To commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Yellow Magic Orchestra (YMO), re-alpha record-life original album 10 titles (1978 and 1983) with the latest remastered sound source, analog board, SACD hybrid, in each format of high resolution delivery released to project "YMO40 (YMC O Four tea)" is to start in November.

In the first installment is released on November 28, the lineup is as follows. The price is common, 96kHz / 24bit FLAC is £ 2,963 of hi-res, SACD hybrid board is 3,000 yen, the analog board of the Collector's Vinyl Edition 9,000 yen, Standard Vinyl Edition is 3,700 yen. Publisher Sony Music Direct.

The theme of "the ultimate listening experience of YMO", those that go on sale for about a year, in addition to the original album remastered of YMO the first time since 1999, Hi-Res delivery for the first time. Remastering the master craftsman engineer of the United States, Bob Ludwig worked, it has been dropped in each format.

Analog board cutting is in charge of the US Hollywood Bernie Grundman Mastering. Analog board is in addition to the "Standard Vinyl Edition" of the original reprinted specification, along with the disk that was cut by 45 rotating two sets to special outside the box, newly written separate booklet that lists the liner notes and stakeholders interviews, etc., of production materials of the time housing a replica such as the two versions of "Collector's Vinyl Edition". Analog board is Limited Both versions.

As following of the future will be released title.

• "Public pressure"
  • "Proliferation"
  • "BGM"
  • "Technodelic"
  • "Affair for us."
  • "Savisu"
  • "AFTER Savisu"

I will be the first to admit that I had never heard of this band before, but I'm liking some of what I'm hearing. "Firecracker" is brilliant, and I may buy the Yellow Magic Orchestra SACD just for that one track. I will wait for them to go up on Amazon.co.jp, though.

I will be the first to admit that I had never heard of this band before, but I'm liking some of what I'm hearing.

Ryuichi Sakamoto is the most famous member of the group. He is a well-known award-winning movie soundtrack composer, one who has won an Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, and Grammy award.

He also has an upcoming tribute album to Glenn Gould being released on SACD:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICC-19030

Ryuichi Sakamoto is the most famous member of the group. He is a well-known award-winning movie soundtrack composer, one who has won an Oscar, Golden Globe, BAFTA, and Grammy award.

He also has an upcoming tribute album to Glenn Gould being released on SACD:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICC-19030

His work with David Sylvian is also worthy of mention.

What is the difference between the "US Edition" and the regular edition of the YMO SACDs?

I checked the track list on Google Translate. They are the same apart from the Japanese version containing an extra track (Acrobat). The US version matches my old LP.

I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews on the sound quality. This band was a favorite of mine back in the day.

YATTA!
So good to see someone post about YMO besides me. Technopolis. Rydeen. Cosmic Surfing. Songs I love. Even though techno they are not merely repetitive they have a real start, middle, and end. Unfortunately it seems the compilation starts at 1978 and excludes those songs. I will check out on yesasia.com or cdjapan.jp and buy anyway.

Ryuichi Sakamoto is the most famous member of the group.

Maybe but Harry Hosono is my favorite. I have Tokyo Shyness in my collection. I really love the Lawson's commercials & musical collaborations with Moritaka Chisato:

This clip is really quite bad in quality but perhaps you can see through it?

And then there's this:

Yellow Magic Orchestra. From 1978 to now. Amazing. Arigato Soundboy for this post!

I checked the track list on Google Translate. They are the same apart from the Japanese version containing an extra track (Acrobat). The US version matches my old LP.

I'm looking forward to hearing some reviews on the sound quality. This band was a favorite of mine back in the day.

Sounds like the Japanese version with the extra track would be the one to get on SACD.

Back