YesSongs in Quadraphonic - Movie Poster

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks I'm watching it. I still remember the advertising in the Los Angeles Times. The ads went into a scrapbook that got thrown away.

From QQ Happy New Year

Wouldn't be wonderful if the team who extracted the audio from the quadraphonic Live At Pompeii could locate a print of this and do the same.

IIRC this quadraphonic film presentation for Yes was closer to Ladies and Gentlemen, The Rolling Stones. That is to say, not very impressive.

If someone has information to the contrary, I would love to be wrong about this!

From QQ Happy New Year

IIRC, wasn't the original 4 channel quad mix for this concert lost? If the DVD has a 5.1 track it may not be the original.

..Had forgotten how cool that poster was. If anyone is interested in printing up their own, think I have a higher resolution scan of it around here somewhere.

When I saw Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen in the theater I believe it was a quad audio presentation. Can anyone else back that up or know if there's a DVD/B.R. copy with a multichannel soundtrack.

When I saw Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs & Englishmen in the theater I believe it was a quad audio presentation. Can anyone else back that up or know if there's a DVD/B.R. copy with a multichannel soundtrack.

There's a DVD with a DTS track but a pan 'n' scan transfer of the film.

Mad Dogs, etc. That is a shame, the movie is well regarded and could use a real upgraded release....I'd buy, have the LP. I do see that the original poster (online copy) states it had a "4 Channel Stereo" soundtrack.

The 40th anniversary special edition on Bluray has 5.1 sound and an mono track. Unfortunately i don´t think the audio matches the original LP or CD in sound quality.
What this Bluray adds is an really good documentary.
My big hope is that we get an really good Bluray audio of the original discs

The BluRay sound was awful, did not deserve a release on BluRay unless they had a better audio
I sent my BluRay back to amazon

Yes it is strange that they didn´t work more with the audio.
The 5.1 track is much better that the original monotrack at least but is not even comparable with the audio releases.
In the documentary they discuss how much work they did with the audio for the live album.
They worked much harder than what usually were done with these albums.
If the recordings are from the same date they should of course have better audio to use for the Bluray also

They could have, at least, synched the audio from the Yessongs album version of 'Close to the Edge', to the audio of the film (it's the same performance and is in better audio quality on the album*), and then upmixed that for 5.1...but no, this is Yes product, every expense is spared ;>

(* and they could have done the same for Wurm)

Attachments

• YesSongs_Quad_PS.jpg
    YesSongs_Quad_PS.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 264
Back