Zeppelin in 2018?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing one of the things that will come out is a repackaging of the 2003 DVD set with all the live footage, upgraded for Blu-ray. Hopefully with some more performances as I'm pretty sure there's a lot more that was filmed than what was represented. And I'd definitely bet that The Song Remains The Same gets a new 4K upgrade and released on UHD (since Warner Brothers actually bothers to do that for their catalog titles).

There was never a lot a video done of them while on tour. I saw Zep live. It was the only rock show I ever went to that people actually sat down and just enjoyed the show. I never had that experience again at a R&R show.

Probably for die-hard fans only, but some details on the hardcover illustrated book are up on Amazon now at
https://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin/dp/1909526509

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin is the first and only official illustrated book to be produced in collaboration with the members of the band. Celebrating 50 years since their formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham on and offstage, in candid moments and in the recording studio. This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably for die-hard fans only, but some details on the hardcover illustrated book are up on Amazon now at
https://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin/dp/1909526509

Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin is the first and only official illustrated book to be produced in collaboration with the members of the band. Celebrating 50 years since their formation, it covers the group’s unparalleled musical career and features photographs of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham on and offstage, in candid moments and in the recording studio. This definitive 368-page volume includes unseen photographs and artwork from the Led Zeppelin archives and contributions from photographers around the world.

Now that is the way I wish bands would do this for box sets...granted this is about Led Zeppelin...the band...and it's certainly elaborate(hardcover)and lengthy 368 pages...but they could bundle it with other items and sell it on the same day as the box set release...as an add on for those interested...instead of putting a book in the box set and keep the costs down..

Well, if I was running the show, Physical Graffiti would be the FIRST ONE done and I would let the guys who mixed the Lou Reed Montreux Blu Ray.

I got the Lou Reed Montreux Blu Ray and watched it a couple weeks ago. You must be referring strictly to the fidelity of the mix? The surround mix aspect barely moved the needle here. I did enjoy the full bodied sound, especially that rhythm section of Fernando Saunders and Tony Smith (once of Jan Hammer Group). My single disappointment is the drive-by treatment of the songs from New York and Songs For Drella; spit the lyrics out quick and get back to jamming, rather than remotely faithful readings.

A mention in Billboard today:

Page promises that there are some new “products” in the works. “I can't give the game away, but there's a recording that’s another multi-track that we'll release,” he revealed. “It's so different to all the other things that are out there. It's another view compared to How The West Was Won or The Song Remains The Same. I'm looking forward to people hearing that. There's a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases. I'd like to say that they'll be coming out over the next 10 years. There's more to come for sure.”

As John Paul Jones said in the press conference for the "Celebration Day" film, "5 years is like 5 minutes to Led Zeppelin. I'm surprised we got it out so quickly."

;)

As John Paul Jones said in the press conference for the "Celebration Day" film, "5 years is like 5 minutes to Led Zeppelin. I'm surprised we got it out so quickly."

;)

That's a great quote you posted(y)..but Jimmy Page is 74 and I'm not sure his 10 year reference is going to work for him:)...I have to hand it to Led Zep..they didn't do the things other famous bands did...and when they lost John Bonham...they shut down the band...not just for months...but over a decade...bands break up all the time...but to walk away when you are at the top of your profession due to the loss of a member is rare...

A mention in Billboard today:

I just hope he's not solely referring to more live stuff.......10 year time frame is far too long given his age , but who knows.

There may be a modicum of a chance for studio remixes for surround formats given that stereo studio remasters have been beaten to death via many re-issues over the decades.
Now is the time for surround treatment of their catalogue , and well the sooner the better.

Box sets are a disturbing trend for me but.... seem to be the new kid on the block for fans of surround----so addition of surround with them is likely . (And hopefully the box 5.1 is not the only way to receive Zeppelin in surround )

Let's all hope for the best in this regard .

http://ledzepnews.com/2018/02/18/jimmy-page-planning-led-zeppelins-fiftieth-anniversary-18-months/

Page also said that he has plans to continue releasing Led Zeppelin material over the next 10 years. “There’s a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases,” Page said. “I’d like to say that they’ll be coming out over the next 10 years. There’s more to come for sure.”

Page also raised the idea of releasing Led Zeppelin material in 5.1 surround sound. “I started thinking about doing surround-sound mixes around the Led Zeppelin ‘DVD’,” Page said, “but it is about thinking ahead, so things really do link up. There’s more to come, for sure.”

Is it too soon to get my hopes up?

http://ledzepnews.com/2018/02/18/jimmy-page-planning-led-zeppelins-fiftieth-anniversary-18-months/

Page also said that he has plans to continue releasing Led Zeppelin material over the next 10 years. “There’s a lot of stuff to come out, a number of releases,” Page said. “I’d like to say that they’ll be coming out over the next 10 years. There’s more to come for sure.”

Page also raised the idea of releasing Led Zeppelin material in 5.1 surround sound. “I started thinking about doing surround-sound mixes around the Led Zeppelin ‘DVD’,” Page said, “but it is about thinking ahead, so things really do link up. There’s more to come, for sure.”

Is it too soon to get my hopes up?

Oh mannnn... this IS something else!!!!!!

BUUUUUT... I am NOT getting my hopes up....no indication of "revisiting" the studio albums.... (hell, even a BEST OF would be awesome!... but we can dream!!!)

I'm sorry but if they released the zep studio catalog in hi rez surround i would buy every album without question even if elmer fudd did the mix, as for me zep holds a rare place in my head where every studio album is a masterpiece or a near masterpiece, a club reserved for only a few bands including the beatles and the doors. And i am further sorry but page's remastered double box set from 199? Something, is still for most of their albums the widest soundfield available. I am an upmixer and have auditioned a shitload of versions of their remasters including the hdtraks versions and in most cases returned to his versions from those box sets due to a slightly wider stereo field.

Back