"O Brother" Soundtrack SACD - 5.1 or not??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DPROKOPY

Sorry if this issue has been brought up before...

I recently picked up the "O Brother Where Art Thou" soundtrack on SACD, mostly because wherever it was I bought it from (I think either towerrecords.com or acousticsounds.com - it's been awhilem and I forgot) indicated it was a surround disc. And sure enough, when it arrived, there's a little credit at the bottom of the back for a 5.1 surround mix. But popping the disc into my player, all I'm getting is the regular stereo mix. I've tried fiddling with the settings on my player, thinking that maybe the disc just doesn't default to the surround mix like most others do, but to no avail. So IS there a surround version of this disc? Or was the 5.1 credit a mistake? Anyone know for sure? I'm not complaining TOO much, because my previous (regular CD) copy went missing awhile back, and I was going to have to buy it again anyway. But I was really hoping for a surround mix, damnit!

No, it's a Stereo Only Single Layer SACD. Playable only on SACD players (not CD players).

Back