"Stillpoint" by Makino Jun SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

sq10

While shopping and browsing thru hmv Japan's site, I came across a curious Hybrid SACD (Stereo Redbook-& MCH-SACD) release;

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail.asp?sku=2548749#

I had to GoogleTranslate the page to figure out what it was, but what charmed me was the photo of the sleeping "Kattessa"(RIP, Red) on the cover (I'm a sucker for cats, being a Leo in touch with my feline senses)and I took the plunge. Besides, it was only 2800 Yen....

Mind you, it is a one of a kind "Crystal Bowl Alchemy" surround release (yes Crystal bowls) recorded at the player's house directly to DSD with a Decca tree configuration. Spectral analysis shows the signal goes past 50KHz. (Dogs in my neighborhood, beware!)

I can testify that it DOES relax you...nothing that I'm used to hear goes that hypersonic, in a harmonious way at least...and it IS soothing!

I also found out that this challenged my "starter" Quad setup since it made my 2 rear JBL E80s midrange cones "distort/buzz" when it played certain notes, but, since I don't hear any buzzing when I play any other kind of music(really loud too), I figured it's something with the setup, we'll see...

Anyway, I highly recommend this unusual SACD: some of you will like it, and some women won't(my girlfriend SCRAMS when I play this; she says it hurts her ears, ah, goils!...sorry,I'm not being a chauvinistic, but my girl has an enviable hearing spectrum!, so I'm being envious if anything...)

Warning! Most of the text in the booklet is in Japanese, but, I found their webpage and GoogleTranslated it to "pidgin" English...

Heads up to all Aquarians and curious! :smokin

Last edited:
Well, if I may testify...
I got this SACD from Japan, and after a while, I started listening to it...
And read the description regarding the healing powers of these frequencies..

FAST FORWARD A YEAR OR SO LATER, and I'd had a very dangerous consequence of a botched back surgery (the Dr. was supposed to have REPLACED my herniated L4, L5 and S1 Herniated discs AND set me up with 2 bolts on each vertebra-and 2 rods to keep them in place....which was later done in 2013...by another surgeon, but he basically cut off part of the disc and left it like a RAZOR on my back)

BUT THE POINT is (no pun intended), is that , in 2011, after the first BOTCHED surgery, by the 2nd day I was home, , my spinal sac ruptured and I was losing spinal fluid like a maniac on a daily basis ...BTW, spinal fluid is what keeps your BRAIN FLOATING in your CRANIUM...so , twice a day , for 2 weeks my lovely baby was squeezing out the HUGE AMOUNT of spinal fluid that was accumulating on that wound..and the back of my brain hurt like a motherf...still does sometimes...

One VERY important thing...you can EASILY BITE IT from that...if any external bit slips into the spinal sac ..voilá, MENINGITIS , your brain swells, and au revoir!!!!

I played this SACD ..EVERY DAY, sometimes more than once during those 2 weeks and, I like to think that it kept me alive...(after that I spent 9 days in the hospital lying on my back without MOVING...definitely no fun; but if that what it takes to keep you alive, so , be it!!!)

Even though , the disc does not have ANY info above 21-22K, it still worked..so , to anyone who is in treatment or recovery, I HIGHLY recommend this SACD....

Well, if I may testify...
I got this SACD from Japan, and after a while, I started listening to it...
And read the description regarding the healing powers of these frequencies..

FAST FORWARD A YEAR OR SO LATER, and I'd had a very dangerous consequence of a botched back surgery (the Dr. was supposed to have REPLACED my herniated L4, L5 and S1 Herniated discs AND set me up with 2 bolts on each vertebra-and 2 rods to keep them in place....which was later done in 2013...by another surgeon, but he basically cut off part of the disc and left it like a RAZOR on my back)

BUT THE POINT is (no pun intended), is that , in 2011, after the first BOTCHED surgery, by the 2nd day I was home, , my spinal sac ruptured and I was losing spinal fluid like a maniac on a daily basis ...BTW, spinal fluid is what keeps your BRAIN FLOATING in your CRANIUM...so , twice a day , for 2 weeks my lovely baby was squeezing out the HUGE AMOUNT of spinal fluid that was accumulating on that wound..and the back of my brain hurt like a motherf...still does sometimes...

One VERY important thing...you can EASILY BITE IT from that...if any external bit slips into the spinal sac ..voilá, MENINGITIS , your brain swells, and au revoir!!!!

I played this SACD ..EVERY DAY, sometimes more than once during those 2 weeks and, I like to think that it kept me alive...(after that I spent 9 days in the hospital lying on my back without MOVING...definitely no fun; but if that what it takes to keep you alive, so , be it!!!)

Even though , the disc does not have ANY info above 21-22K, it still worked..so , to anyone who is in treatment or recovery, I HIGHLY recommend this SACD....

Kap'n, you truly are one-of-a-kind. I love your passion man!

Back