CCR ON SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
On the
www.super-audio.de/

site, under Multichannel/Pop/C
list Cosmo's Factory and Willy... for multichannel sacd.
I've read that the CCR sacd were just stereo... any explanation from the SACD gurus here?

Very strange, they also list this as being multi-channel:

Aerosmith
Oh Yeah! Aerosmith Umtimate Hits
Columbia C2S 86700
Single / Multi-Channel

My guess is that it is a typo.
Brian

At my local Media Play, they have a few of the CCR SACDs, and although the artwork clearly states that the discs are NOT Multichannel, the discs have the gold MULITCHANNEL stciker on them!

This is, to me, a disadvantage of this format. There are too many different "types" of SACDs. Single, double, compatible, not compatible, stereo only, stereo and multichannel. To top that off, the Rolling Stones discs do not even state they are SACDs on the display portion of the discs (at least the ones I saw did not).

Try to explain this to someone who is clueless, and you end up looking clueless!!

:-jon

The first two CCR SACDs do indeed have the Multichannel SACD stickers on them, even though they are Stereo SACDs. The back of these SACDs do have the correct "Stereo" marking. This was mentioned when these 2 SACDs came out over on High Fidelity Review at www.highfidelityreview.co...r=17942436

Analogue Productions corrected this for the next 3 CCR SACDs - all of which carry only Stereo SACD markings.

>>On the www.super-audio.de/ site, under Multichannel/Pop/C
list Cosmo's Factory and Willy... for multichannel sacd.
I've read that the CCR sacd were just stereo... any explanation from the SACD gurus here?

I just ordered all five of the new CCR titles on SACD. Does anyone have more of a first hand report on these five CCR titles than the limited "buzz" I been able to find on-line?

I've picked up four of these releases so far (all bar the first album). Great stereo sound - probably the best these have ever sounded.

I agree with Matt. The Analogue Productions Stereo SACDs are very well done.

I understand that mastering engineer Steve Hoffman has worked with these master tapes several times before. His experience with the material shows here - recommended !

Now that I've had a chance to spend some time listening to these five new CD discs I'd like to suggest that if you are CCR fan, even if they're not you favorite band, that you consider picking up at least once of these titles or more (start with "Willy And The Poorboys"). While these are not going to win any of Stereophile's uppity, uppity recording of the month awards, they are really good rock-n-roll albums. You could take a dozen or more new bands and combine them all and still not have talent to that of John Fogerty and band.

I'd rather start with CCR's best album which was the 1st one with I put a spell on you on it. Seems retail stores around here do want us to start with willy and the poorboys though since it's the only title in stock. Did they make way more of this title than any of others, none of which I have seen ..and I'm not going to order them from Acoustic Sounds for full list since I'm just not a list price sort of person I suppose.

Actually Willy and the Poorboys and Cosmo's Factory were the first two of the CCR Stereo SACDs released. The other 3 came out later. That probably explains why the Willy and the Poorboys SACD is more available at the moment.

As for the first CCR SACD (the self-titled Creedence Clearwater Revival), I Put A Spell On You in Stereo SACD is very good.

But don't forget Suzie Q. On SACD, that one is a treat as well !

Whats the sound like on Cosmos Factory guys ?
That was my fav album from CCR

I did a quick comparison to my old Chronicles CD and the SACD bets it hands down. I know these disc are a little pricey, but if your a big fan of CCR, do yourself a favor and pick one up. I'd be willing to bet that after listening to one you'll want more.

Agreed. The Analogue Productions Stereo SACDs of the Creedence Clearwater Revival albums are very nice.

Back