Black Sabbath "Paranoid" CD+DVD/DTS Release October 7th 2008

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's CD-WOW's response to my question about thier Black Sabbath SACD.

Hi Mike, Thanks for your e-mail message.

Our suppliers have advised us that the 3 sides means 3 parts of the whole SACD (therefore probably dual layered). And Quadraphonic mixes means 4.0 SACD.

If there is anything else I can do for you please don’t hesitate to get back to me.

I've also changed my audio set-up on my Oppo and my Onkyo, speakers set to small...
Thanks very much for that. I usually set all my speakers to large. I had resigned myself to the fact that there was no subwoofer signal on the Moodies discs. Wasn't expecting any miracles but I took your advice, set my speakers to small and got a nice surprise!

Yeah, I picked up that little tidbit over at the AVS forums, when I was re-searching my new subwoofer. Well, I'm off to Pre-Order the Black Sabbath/Paranoid SACD, $26.10, Free Shipping from CD-WOW.

Yes, "Brain Salad Surgery" (Deluxe 2CD+SACD Edition) is a new release.

http://www.music-wow.com/shop-item_details.php?id=UNI 8519

It does not contain - according to the song details - "Lucky Man” that was a bonus track on the DVD-A, but it will be the first time that this title will be released on SACD. The omission of “Lucy Man” on this new SACD version will mean that the DVD-A will probably still go for big bucks.

Amazon has it listed as pre-order status...

http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Salad-S...bs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1219934868&sr=8-2

Their price is quite a bit higher than Music Wow.

The Amazon price is hopping around quite a bit. It started off at $48.00 and then went to $38.00, down to $36.00 (I pre-ordered there) then went to $38 with linked purchase of ELP and now $43.00

Interesting. Amazon.com shows it as "$35.98+$8.00 sourcing fee" I'll stick with my Amazon.co.uk order which has it at roughly $25....

It also looks like the Black Sabbath release slipped a week, back to October 13th.

According to Amazon, it now looks like we're waiting until Oct. 21st guys - then again, the closer they release this to Halloween, the more fitting it will be :eek:

Actually, the reply from CD-Wow read 03/10/2008. I assumed the typo was the year. I forgot that in the UK the day of the month comes before the the month. I e-mailed them to keep my pre-order open.

Just in from CD-WOW.:banana:

Hi, Thank you for contacting me and sorry for the delay in dispatching this item. Please be advised, after having received the order we have to depend on our suppliers for the supply of the same. We have experienced a further delay in receiving "BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid (2CD+SACD Deluxe Edition)" from our suppliers and we are now expecting it to be dispatched on 3rd October 2008. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter. Kind Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: Paranoid (2CD SACD Deluxe Edition) by BLACK SABBATH

We are currently awaiting stock of this title and hope to be able to dispatch this item to you on the 10/10/2008.

As soon as this item is dispatched we will send you an e-mail message confirming shipment.

From the date of despatch, please allow up to 7 days for delivery within the UK and 8-10 days for rest of the world.

Please also rest assured that the delay to this item will not affect any other items that you may have ordered from us.

We will notify you immediately if there are any further updates with regards to this title.

We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD-WOW!

Kind Regards,

CD WOW! Customer Services
http://www.cdwow.com/

Has anybody been able to confirm whether the "Quad mix" is multi-channel or a fold-down yet?

Hello

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for: Paranoid (2CD SACD Deluxe Edition) by BLACK SABBATH

The arrival of stock from our supplier has been further delayed unfortunately. The advised shipping date for this title is now the 20/10/2008

As soon as we are able to ship this item to you we will send you an e-mail confirming despatch.

From the date of despatch, please allow up to 7 days for delivery through out the world.

Please also rest assured that the delay to this item will not affect any other items that you may have ordered from us.

We will notify you immediately if there are any further updates with regards to this title.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused by this delay.

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Service
http://www.cdwow.com/

Am I parnoid that all these new releases keep on getting delayed? Is someone messing with me?

BS -
10/6/08
10/20/08
10/27/08

ELP -
10/6/08
10/14/08
11/13/08
11/20/08

Genesis
10/13/08
11/08/08

Am I parnoid that all these new releases keep on getting delayed? Is someone messing with me?

BS -
10/6/08
10/20/08
10/27/08

ELP -
10/6/08
10/14/08
11/13/08
11/20/08

Genesis
10/13/08
11/08/08

Seems to be quite a lot of debate on the Hoffmann forum about whether Paranoid will get released at all. Possible issues of ownership and clearances.

Pre order is in I can wait !!

Is it just me, or is Paranoid not even listed on CDWOW anymore? I've searched their site, and tried a couple different links, and no luck. Strange.:confused:

Back