Black Sabbath "Paranoid" CD+DVD/DTS Release October 7th 2008

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 3 sided SACD?:confused:

Yes, that's what makes these releases suspect. It would be a great shot in the arm for Quadraphonic music if it really does contain the orriginal mix in 4.0. Because people who are unaware of Quad music might be interested in what other mixes are out there and expect more titles to come out. We'll believe it when we have disc in hand.

Yes, that's what makes these releases suspect. It would be a great shot in the arm for Quadraphonic music if it really does contain the orriginal mix in 4.0. Because people who are unaware of Quad music might be interested in what other mixes are out there and expect more titles to come out. We'll believe it when we have disc in hand.

I know people must think I'm an ass, but I'm not gonna rely on online shop details. Until the record company says SACD, I'm not biting.

Tracklisting :

SACD

SIDE 1
1. War Pigs
2. Paranoid
3. Planet Caravan
4. Iron Man
5. Electric Funeral
6. Hand Of Doom
7. Rat Salad
8. Fairies Wear Boots

SIDE2
9. War Pigs ( SACD Stereo )
10. Paranoid ( SACD Stereo )
11. Planet Caravan ( SACD Stereo )
12. Iron Man ( SACD Stereo )
13. Electric Funeral ( SACD Stereo )
14. Hand Of Doom ( SACD Stereo )
15. Rat Salad ( SACD Stereo )
16. Fairies Wear Boots ( SACD Stereo )

SIDE3
17. War Pigs ( Quadraphonic Mix )
18. Paranoid ( Quadraphonic Mix )
19. Planet Caravan ( Quadraphonic Mix )
20. Iron Man ( Quadraphonic Mix )
21. Electric Funeral ( Quadraphonic Mix )
22. Hand Of Doom ( Quadraphonic Mix )
23. Rat Salad ( Quadraphonic Mix )
24. Fairies Wear Boots ( Quadraphonic Mix )

http://www.music-wow.com/shop-item_d...?id=UNI 8517

Multi-channel hybrid SACD

Here's a different track listing.

Attachments

• tower_sabbath.jpg
    tower_sabbath.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 700
http://www.bravewords.com/news/94370

On September 29th, Universal Music are issuing Black Sabbath Paranoid on Double Vinyl and a Deluxe 3CD Set.

Disc 1 (Original Album):
1. 'War Pigs'
2. 'Paranoid'
3. 'Planet Caravan'
4. 'Iron Man'
5. 'Electric Funeral'
6. 'Hand Of Doom'
7. 'Rat Salad'
8. 'Fairies Wear Boots'

Disc 2 (1974 Quadrophonic Mix):
1. 'War Pigs'
2. 'Paranoid'
3. 'Planet Caravan'
4. 'Iron Man'
5. 'Electric Funeral'
6. 'Hand Of Doom'
7. 'Rat Salad'
8. 'Fairies Wear Boots'

Disc 3 (Previously Unreleased Bonus Tracks):
(Tracks 1-8 recorded at Regent Sound Studios, June 16th and 17th, 1970)
1. 'War Pigs' (instrumental)
2. 'Paranoid' (alternative lyrical version)
3. 'Planet Caravan' (alternative lyrical version)
4. 'Iron Man' (instrumental)
5. 'Electric Funeral' (instrumental)
6. 'Hand Of Doom' (instrumental)
7. 'Rat Salad' (instrumental)
8. 'Fairies Wear Boots' (instrumental)

I don't get how this is a domestic release if BS are on Warners in the US. I doubt it would be released as an SACD by Warners as well given that they have done only DVD-A and recently as DVD DTS2496 only.

These are Universal releases, thru Sancuary UK. There are 2 different sets, Redbook for the US, SACD for the UK. So if you want the SACD you will have to buy the import. I have yet to see anything that amounts to an official press release.

3 sides SACD surely means : "there's the usual CD layer, the SACD stereo layer and the SACD quad layer. As usual. That's one disc for sure. But let's make it three. That sells."

The good point is, that makes sense : one SACD, three mixes of the same album, three "layers" (well, two layers and three sounds), very plausible. Not to forget that Paranoid is a hell of a great record, and the SACD stereo alone could be worth it for those who have worn out their 1970 LP to death !

Could be a Dual-Disc (2-Sided). I E-Mailed CD-WOW this morning for a little clarification. I'm curious about the Quadraphonic Mix. 4.0 ala Moody Blues SACD's would be awesome. I'll post my findings. I want to get my pre-order in this week.

Hope PARANOID is mastered better than the Moodies SACD's....

ED :)

What is wrong with the Moodies mastering? What's everyone's opinion of them?

I'm expecting $80 bucks worth of Moodies from Amazon :eek: to complete the collection before they go OOP because of the change in their catalog coming up.

They sound fine and I enjoy them. Put up against other issues, some flaws might be apparent. EQ, compression, the usual...

What is wrong with the Moodies mastering? What's everyone's opinion of them?

I'm expecting $80 bucks worth of Moodies from Amazon :eek: to complete the collection before they go OOP because of the change in their catalog coming up.

Though not perfect I have no problem with the sound of these.

That's why I have four titles on their way for the same reason you state.....now that the non SACD versions are flooding the shelves it's time to get the SACD's before they're scarce

While the mixes may be different from the way I remember these songs, I seem to hear something new every time I listen to them. I've also changed my audio set-up on my Oppo and my Onkyo, speakers set to small, crossover at 80Hz, new sub, now these discs are truly 5.1. Sure glad I picked up all 7 of these.

Last edited:
Back