Black Sabbath "Paranoid" CD+DVD/DTS Release October 7th 2008

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received the same message. I assume the release has been cancelled or postponed indefinitely. Anyone know what the deal is?

Well,

Release date: 20.2.2009, according to the german sites jpc.de and amazon.de

Let's hope it's correct :friday:

The plot thickens? I received an email from Amazon UK today stating that they will be fulfilling my Paranoid SACD order. The text was as follows:

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order #xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx.

We now have the delivery date(s) for the order you placed on 01 September 2008, 03:49 MEST (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx). We have listed the item(s) below with the expected delivery date(s):

Black Sabbath (Artist) "Paranoid [Box set]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 26/02/09 - 05/03/09

Received from Amazon.co.uk 2008-12-04 16:44 GMT

We now have the delivery date(s) for the order you placed on 02 October 2008, 11:38 MEST
(Order# ). We have listed the item(s) below with
the expected delivery date(s):

Black Sabbath (Artist) "Paranoid [Hybrid SACD]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 24/02/09 - 03/03/09

Neil,
This is the correct price, I bought the same from Amazon and it definately has 3 discs, two cd and one sacd.

Malcolm

This is what I just got from CD Universe:

We are writing to let you know that the following items which you ordered on 12/01/08 have experienced a status change.

Paranoid - Black Sabbath
new street date: 02/17/09

At the time you placed this order, the item was a pre-order. The street date has since been pushed out by the manufacturer.

DO NOT ORDER FROM MUSIC WOW.

I am now in a game of ring-around-the-email over the Black Sabbath SACD and the Brain Salad Surgery SACD. Music Wow has my money via paypal and is not shipping anything, instead I get e-mails telling me I will have it "next week".

This is spectacularly poor service and I am through with Music Wow; I would caution anyone else from ordering from them for any item.

it seems like music wow has gone bye-bye. did u manage to get your money back? Unfortunately, paypal only accepts claims that are not older than 45 days...

It seems like Universal has scrapped the SACD in favour of a DVD. Meaning you'll probably only get these quad mixes in lossy DTS/DD. Crap! Grrr:flame

strange, i even read a review in an english music mag in early autumn 2009, so there must have been a copy out there already..

Right. If I remember correctly, there was some SACD preview copies for sale on eBay last fall (or at least advertized as being the new SACD version), around the time this release was originally supposed to come out – and not for that much more than normal prices. I don’t know why I hesitated from buying, I assumed it was coming out on Amazon shortly thereafter (according to their website) and would buy it then.

Added:
That's right, I already posted this info in this thread on 08-01-2008, 02:01 AM PST:

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showpost.php?p=81362&postcount=3

Seems like a long time ago! :D

http://www.musictap.net/
(Scroll about halfway down the page.)

Bummer 'cos I probably would have picked this up on SACD just out of curiousity. Now I won't bother.

Agreed, although who knows if this is at all credible. I have the ELP BSS and it DOES have the SACD in it. I happen to be a friend of a Sabbath band member who tells me this issue was not the high-rez format but rather the inclusion of the previously unreleased alternate tracks that Tony Iommi objects to. But at this point who knows. How pathetic that we have to through such ups and downs for virtually any decent SACD release in the past two years.

Last edited:
If you are unhappy about the fact that Universal have scrapped the SACD, like me, some emails to Universal about this might be in order.

I have already sent my concerns.

[email protected]

Make your voice heard!

If you are unhappy about the fact that Universal have scrapped the SACD, like me, some emails to Universal about this might be in order.

I have already sent my concerns.

[email protected]

Make your voice heard!

Has anyone received any return e-mails? It appears this is now just a CD+DVD set with the 3rd disc containing the original quad mix, no mention though of what format it's in, so is a DVD-A layer totally ruled out?

This sucks majorly that the ELP came out with the SACD layer but the BS one looks like it will not.

Back