Lou Dorren's QQ CD-4 Demodulator: Pre-Order List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Lou Dorren is about to begin the manufacture of his 2008 QQ CD-4 Demodulator. In order to calculate the actual selling price, he will need to get an idea of how many units he will have to initially have built. Once he gets this figure, he will be able to come up with a selling price. Remember, the demodulator will come with a CD-4 cartridge and stylus.

Here is a ballpark price guess from Lou reflective of how many units are ordered:

Here is some information based on parts and assembly cost versus number of units so that everybody is up to speed. If I build:

1 to 10 units the price will be $758.00 per unit
11 to 20 units the cost will be $701.00 per unit
21 to 30 units the cost will be $664.00 per unit
31 to 40 units the cost will be $614.00 per unit
41 to 50 units the cost will be $569.00 per unit

51 to 100 units the cost will be $505.00 per unit

Each unit will come with a High Performance CD-4 Cartridge and a QSI Record cleaning kit.

Buyers will also have the option of purchasing additional stylus's and cartridges.

So, if you are SERIOUS (no money required at this point) about obtaining one of these new 2008 high technology CD-4 decoders, please respond in this thread.

Indicate how many decoders you would like, and please note if you also would like any extra cartridges and/or stylus's.

DO NOT leave personal contact info in this thread. All Lou wants is a number of people interested. All of the details like shipping, payment, etc, will come in a month. Lou would like to have a 30 day period to compile the number of units he needs to make.

Please keep this thread on topic and only reply if you will be ordering one. As for information and questions concerning the demodulator, please keep them in the original thread

PLEASE NOTE: Once you post, I will add to your thread a line indicating the running total. This is not automatic, so if you don't see it in your post immediately, it's just because I haven't gotten on line and edited it yet!

:woopie

THANKS

Me! me! me!

One unit please, with the basic toppings.

Mark Z

Edit: with additional stylii at around $40, one or possibly two additional. Very curious as to what cartridge this will use!

QQ Running Total: [1]

Last edited:
One for me please.

Spence

QQ Running Total: [3]

YES!!!!!!!!What exciting news!!!!!

I want (1) demodulator....(1) cartridge/stylus and several replacement stylus

Christmas has come early this year....THANKS LOU!!!!

QQ Running Total: [9]

You betcha I want two! I'll take two of them! We have two separate and independent systems.

I want (2) demodulator....(2) cartridge/stylus and several replacement stylus.

QQ Running Total: [11,12]

One set please... thank you!! With an extra stylus too please...

QQ Running Total: [13]

Last edited:
I definitely want one. I'm not the richest person, so I would need to be able to spread the payments over 3 months. With items not to be shipped until “Paid in Full” of course. Thanks.

QQ Running Total: [15]

Please put me down for 1 order.
Looking forward to it!!!

Tom in So Cal.

QQ Running Total: [16]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back