Lou Dorren's QQ CD-4 Demodulator: Pre-Order List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i'll have one too; that's if you are happy to post to Londonistan England.
1 cartridge and 3 styli, would keep me happy for a while.

If this is going to be a limited one off run, how about making the circuits, board layouts etc available online for those that miss the boat, and or may want to have a go assembing one themselves.
Maybe even via one of the popular audio "kit" suppliers.

Hywel

So considering this thread started over two years ago, how far away is actual production for these units? I am interested in one demodulator (with cartridge and stylus) depending on the cost and when they actually become available!
I'll wake him and kick him in the appropriate place. if he sent you a PM since your post, I wouldn't know of it.

Mike

Last edited:
Hello Frank,
The price for the demodulator, which includes a Grado prestige Gold pickup with Shibata Stylus is $505.00 USD. This does not include shipping.

Lou Dorren

Considering what I paid in 1970s dollars - on a teenager's budget - for my Pickering cartridge & Panasonic demodulator, $505 + shipping is quite a bargain! It will be a joy to dust off the old Quadradiscs and hear them again as originally intended.

Considering what I paid in 1970s dollars - on a teenager's budget - for my Pickering cartridge & Panasonic demodulator, $505 + shipping is quite a bargain! It will be a joy to dust off the old Quadradiscs and hear them again as originally intended.
your quad stuff was like my LearJet 8-track car stereo... with FM tuner.

Lou, please add me to your list for one of you CD-4 demodulators with cartridge and stylus. I would also like to request an additional spare stylus.

A sincere thanks for all of your efforts in creating the magic once again - just like when I came back from the far east in 1972 with all of my new quad stuff...
Absolutely could not wait to get it all unpacked, set up and turned WAAAAYYYYYYY up loud - then sit in the middle!
I wanna sit in the middle again.

I just bought a quad eight track player and am looking to get into CD-4s. Would the said demodulator, cartridge and stylus being sold here be compatible with a Tecnics 1200 M3D turntable? I am new to this board and to the world of quad sound in general for that matter so forgive me if this is a naive question.

I just bought a quad eight track player and am looking to get into CD-4s. Would the said demodulator, cartridge and stylus being sold here be compatible with a Tecnics 1200 M3D turntable? I am new to this board and to the world of quad sound in general for that matter so forgive me if this is a naive question.
I have the Technics SL1200 MKII which is essentially the same thing. Lou said that would be just fine for this purpose.

I was #16 in this thread.
I want to reconfirm my order for 1 demodulator with cartridge.
Also, reconfirm my order for 2 extra stylus.
Looking forward to it!!!

Tom in So Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back