Lou Dorren's QQ CD-4 Demodulator: Pre-Order List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Theresa,
Just wanted to make sure you got my order response to your email...I would like a demodulator with (1) spare stylus...let me know that I am comfirmed..Thanks
Mike in Nashville

Oh I hope it's not too late to get my order in. I've been away far too long and just found out about this over at the AudioKarma Forum

I would like to confirm that I'd like to have "Each demodulator will come with a new stylus and cartridge along with a record cleaning kit.
Put me down for 1 set plus I would like to order an extra stylus.
Jim

Please add my name to the list. I only learned of the demodulator last month.

Sincerely,
Kevin

Hi Teresa,

I tried to pm you but it doesn't look like it worked. I would like a total of three styli with my dmod kit, so If it only comes with one stylus I would want two extras.

thanks,

William

Hello Lou and Mike,
Worth the wait...
Put me on the list for the demodulator + one extra stylus.
Thanks,
Jack Murphy
Rancho Santa Margarita in OC
CD-4 since '73

DSC_0958.JPG

Hello,

Please put me on the list for the demodulator kit + one extra stylus.

Thanks!

Please add me to the list, for one demodulator unit (incl. cartridge and record cleaning kit).

Seems like it wouldn't matter since 1.0 mil conical mono styli would need neither the stereo elements of a cartridge nor use of the demodulator. me, I'd just deactivate the demodulator and unscrew the CD-4 headshell and just get a good mono magnetic cartridge and then order the mono 1.0 mil styli for it.

Or have a completely second - or third - setup. Wouldn't want to mistakenly place a good quad or stereo LP onto any turntable fitted with a mono cartridge. I have three of the same SP 10 turntable set up - one with a stand-alone linear arm for CD-4 and other half-speed/audiophile - one for mono LP's and one for 78's and standard-groove LPs with conventional tonearms.

Since the mono LP turntable also has a 16-inch arm on it - it's very easy to tell which is which. When I need to play a 16-inch standard-groove ET - I just trade cartridges with the 78 player - and then trade back when I'm done.

Can't mistake one for the other later as the headshells are all color-coded.

Hello nd and thanks for your reply. Congrats on your setup!

Of course what I'd want is to have a second TT to do CD-4/mono double duty. Crazy enough, all my CD-4 and mono-groove Lps add up to 30 or so units.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back