Lou Dorren's QQ CD-4 Demodulator: Pre-Order List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Theresa:

Is the project dead:(? This started and has had many audiophiles hopes up since 2008:sun. I understand this is strictly a "hobby" for Lou now and as such, receives minimal priority. It has been 10 months since the "final orders" were being confirmed. I'm hoping if Lou has lost interest or cannot bring the project to fruition he may share his developments / schematics, etc with some of us so we can privately construct our own units one off (or if someone could take it to production)-since his ideas and current technology would make for an incredible demodulator(y). I am under the impression this is more of a labor of love for Lou :phones and no one is "really" making any money off the project-so maybe he'd consider making this "public domain" so someone could get it to final production or further development and production;). Please let us know-or an update to the board every month or two would be helpful at the least. Many of us are still holding our breath in hopes of being able to receive this unit. Thank you! Del

Lou & Mike,

I would just like to "confirm" my request from 2-15-2011:Lou, please add me to your list for one of your CD-4 demodulators with cartridge and stylus. I would also like to request an additional spare stylus.

Thanks for keeping this project alive for all of us!!!!
Best,
Dave
davegarman at aol.com

Thanks for the "heads up", I didn't know we had to separate our pre-order requests... so,
I just added my pre-order request for an additional stylus on the "STYLUS" thread
Best,
Dave

Unfortunately I will have to cancel my pre-order, things have changed over the last 2 years.
Life is like that some times - sad but true.
Maybe when there is something more concrete or circumstances change - I may re-evaluate.

After a few years of 'sucking the hind teat', I'm almost back into a financial position where I can afford an expenditure like this. Sad to think that it may never happen now :(

I'm not too worried about the Dorren demodulator not happening. While I would love to have one, The 4DD5 I currently use performs well. Curious, though, did he not produce a prototype? As I understood it, Lou was at the point of ordering the boards to be built when he fell off the radar. He was supposed to send a prototype to Jon, though I don't believe Jon ever received it, or a review would have been fourth coming. I wonder just how close he did come? He dropped off the radar for awhile, and then briefly reappeared, citing health issues as the reason for his disappearance, only to drop off again never to be heard from since. I wonder if he is still alive? Has anyone heard from him?

The Quadfather

Sadly, the journey for Lou and his demodulator is over. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back