Lou Dorren's QQ CD-4 Demodulator: Pre-Order List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once things solidify, the lists will be resolved and verified.

Please put me down as an order for the new Lou Dorren demodulator. I have been a quad guy since the 70's but not literate enough to use forums til recently. May not be now, come to think of it! I sold 2 Tate 101's recently that I had had Fosgate fix up about 5 years ago, and let go of my spare 9001 last week, so have feel kinda like I lost a tooth and need to fill the ole with another piece of equipment. I have 5 or 6 quad catridges and stylii so don't need any others than the ones that come with this unit. Personally I always like SQ the best, but if a good CD4 was available I could again try out my CD4 albums that have just been resting unloved since I moved into tapes, which are my source of choice.

UPDATE FROM LOU:

After the sudden death of Lou's right hand man Mike (QQ Member 'wa6ubw'), Lou is back up to speed and has someone to fill Mike's shoes with regards to the ordering process for the upcoming demodulator which he says will be unvieled by "the end of the month". Watch for a new QQ member that works for Lou, Theresa, who will be posting here and will be the contact point for those interested in the demodulator.

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread started, it might be a good idea for those on the list to reverifiy once Theresa checks in and says hello.

Great news, Jon! We need more women here! Welcome, Theresa!

Can't wait until she appears on the CD-4 radar!

Linda
Chix rule!

UPDATE FROM LOU:

After the sudden death of Lou's right hand man Mike (QQ Member 'wa6ubw'), Lou is back up to speed and has someone to fill Mike's shoes with regards to the ordering process for the upcoming demodulator which he says will be unvieled by "the end of the month". Watch for a new QQ member that works for Lou, Theresa, who will be posting here and will be the contact point for those interested in the demodulator.

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread started, it might be a good idea for those on the list to reverifiy once Theresa checks in and says hello.

I'm confused, first said DONT re-post orders and saw a reference somewhere we should re-confirm, then another post that said a master list will be produced to be verified. A little current clarification (and removal of old posts) would be good. I don't want to tell anyone what to do...but a suggestion from an engineer who's dealt with WAYYY too much administrative red tape when it comes to production, it might be good to produce the master list NOW while we are all waiting, so we can clear up any confusion. This list could be updated as orders are added/subtracted to keep it current (and be sure we are all accounted for) This would also help insure a lot of people are still interested (or if they want to cancel), otherwise the "administrative" portion of the orders when the demod is finally produced could further slow down production (since a final number wouldn't be available for Lou). Realizing this is a hobby, but I REALLY hope this demod gets produced soon while all of us "oldies" still have good enough hearing to enjoy the fruits of Lou's work! Thanks, really hope this develops before Lou loses interest too!

I'll gladly purchase a demodulator, cartridge and an extra styli. Never did get my forty-year old JVC demodulator to work properly, probably because I connected my shibata cartridge to a lousy AR turntable back in the day.

Hello everyone,

I am Theresa and am taking Mike's place reconfirming all the orders. Lou and I have been working hard to get this out and going. We just finalized pictures to show what the outside will look like. Lou will be posting them in the next couple days. Hope everyone is doing well and if you have a question or want to reconfirm your order just let me know. I will be posting a list once i finish counting the extra stylus and cartridges. Will be back on soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back