Grace by Broadway Inspirational Voices - Multichannel SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
DMP has released their excellent gospel Multichannel SACD "Grace" by the Broadway Inspirational Voices.

I have a copy and can report that it sounds as impressive on SACD disc as it did at the SACD demos at the CES and AES trade shows.

Quite a tour de force for DMP and an impressive demo for both Multichannel SACD and voices in the center front speaker.

Amazon has some great deals on this Surround Sound SACD.
You can get a new copy for $39.70 and used copies starting at $1.71

It's a Live DSD concert recording of the Broadway Inspirational Voices (BIV) made up of Broadway Theater stars who sing gospel tunes as a hobby.
BIV is led by Shelton Becton, better known as Patti Austin's Musical Director.

The album makes use of the Center Channel Speaker for soloists. So a Center Channel speaker is needed to really enjoy this one.
Check out Down By The Riverside and Changed My Name. Pretty serious sonic demo material here. :)

51szlv-wiPL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Grace-Broadway-Inspirational-Voices-BIV/dp/B0000JMLJY

I have now, over the last two days listened to my 5 choices for 3 channel stereo and as Brian and Ralph said they are quite a treat. All with good liner and recording notes, quite fantastic, take The Weavers for instance that you can listen to a live recording from 1963, using 3 microphones and listen in your home, 2017, and utterly flawless. In fact I am sure better than actually being there.
View attachment 29376View attachment 29377View attachment 29378View attachment 29379View attachment 29380

Mark, sometimes our 'comfort zone' gets a little TOO comfortable and we forget there's a splendid amount of great music out there other than rock 'n roll.

It's great to open one's musical horizons and embrace this music especially when it's as wonderful as the selections you just experienced.

Jimi Hendrix asked "Are You Experienced?" Well now you are....somewhat. There's still a WAY lot more.:banana:

Stay tuned!

BTW, Brian turned me onto this exceptional album the other day and although it's multi, it's mainly spread across the front three channels with ambience in the rear. WOW......what a recording! http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=751 PURE DSD!

Be forewarned: It's Gospel Music but it really swings big time and the simultaneous organ and piano accompaniment [as well as percussion] is really something to behold.

Brian turned me onto this exceptional album the other day and although it's multi, it's mainly spread across the front three channels with ambience in the rear. WOW......what a recording!
Be forewarned: It's Gospel Music but it really swings big time and the simultaneous organ and piano accompaniment [as well as percussion] is really something to behold.

Glad you were able to nab a copy of Grace by Broadway Inspirational Voices in SACD Surround Sound.

It's a dynamic performance by Broadway Musical Stars performing gospel music. It's very well recorded album and really shows off the capabilities of the Center Channel speaker for listeners with a true 5.1 sound system (vs. a phantom center channel when no center channel speaker is available). In fact, over the years Grace has been praised by QQ listeners for that very feature. :)

And when used copies of this sonic gem are available for just over $11 at Amazon, it's a bargain not to be missed.
https://www.amazon.com/Grace-Broadway-Inspirational-Voices-BIV/dp/B0000JMLJY

Back