Blue Oyster Cult - Agents Of Fortune

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
Hey all,

"Agents Of Fortune" by Blue Oyster Cult was released fairly recently with little fanfare and I was surprised and excited to see it show up for order on some e-tailer sites. Needless to say, I snagged it up right away.

I had the chance to sit down with it last night and I must say that over all, I am underwhelmed. The surround mix is fairly discrete and somewhat aggresive, but not as discrete or as aggressive as I would have liked.

The sound quality is good but leaves you wanting. I had high hopes for this title but to me, it sounds rushed and as if not a lot of attention was paid to get the most from the master tapes.

Still, this is a great album, and the surround mix, although lacking, is quite adequate and a couple of notches above the stereo mix, for sure. If you love this album (as I do) then this is a must have. If you're not a fan of the band, then there may be other surround titles more deserving of your hard-earned cash.

Cai

It's all about expectations. I'll be getting it anyway, but you've put it into perspective for me.

I dont' suppose anyone's done Tyranny & Mutation or Secret Treaties to DTS as yet?

If Agents Of Fortune had come out in 1975 instead of 1976, there would have been a genuine Q8 article to transfer now!

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I dont' suppose anyone's done Tyranny & Mutation or Secret Treaties to DTS as yet? [/quote]

I've got them on DTS CD. It's from an eight track source.
Brian

Back