If You Liked the Ventures on SACD...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Awhile back, there was mention here about the Ventures SACD of their Greatest Hits.

If you liked that one, be sure to check out the Hybrid SACD of "The Vultures" by Joe Weed over at www.topmusic.com/SACD-1028.htm

It's not a Multichannel SACD, but it's a lot of fun. Sort of Bluegrass meets Surf Music.

Brian,

Have you seen this available for order anywhere else? I don't know how comfortable I feel with the site in your message. How was your experience with them?

I'm afraid it's the only source to date. In fact, the SACD actually appears on the Top Music International label !

As for ordering, it's pretty straight forward. You send them an email, they give you the price ($35 US including shipping), you send them a mail order for $35 and you get the SACD in about a week.

The album is a bit off the wall (bluegrass musicians playing '60s surf and instrumental hits). But I have to tell you, the sound is very nice. Definitely recommended.

It's right up there with the "Birdland" SACD from Japan.

Wow that is some compliment.

Out of curiosity, why have you not ordered the multi-channel version of Birdland? I find it one of the top multi-channel discs I have heard.

Thanks for the info. I will email them.

Actually I did get the Multichannel SACD of Birdland - even though the Multichannel track is not a DSD original like the Stereo track.

The Multichannel track of Birdland is OK, but the Stereo SACD track is better sonically.

I will have to take a listen. With so many titles coming in, it is difficult to listen to both the stereo and the multi-channel mixes. Thks

Yes, well that's a good "problem" to have !

And it will get "worse" as soon as the 22 Rolling Stones SACDs are released. That will free up Hybrid SACD pressing capacity at Sonopress and I've talked to several SACD labels who have a number of completed Multichannel and Stereo SACD albums waiting on that moment.

More good listening on SACD ahead !

Hey Brian,

Did it take a while for these guys to respond? I send an email almost a week ago with no response. Not very encouraging.

Interesting. They sent me an email reply after 1 week. All it said was to send a money order for $35 which would cover all costs and shipping and they would send the disc.

After I sent in the Money Order via Air Mail, it was about a week later that the SACD showed up. Pretty good service.

Well Top Music finally responded. They tell me the disc is out of stock until September. No clear indication whether they will keep the request on file. Guess I will try again then.

For those interested, Top Music is accepting orders for this disc again.

I also hear that they have a new SACD - "Round Midnight" by Jamie Valle.

From the MP3 clip on Amazon.Com, it sounds like another instrumental album on SACD - very much along the lines of Joe Weed.

Bryan,

Good call. This disc is very fun to listen to. Although it is a bit to expensive. Very nice packaging.

Yes, the Vultures SACD is a lot of fun and very good sonically.

I don't have the "Round Midnight" SACD yet, but I suspect it's probably another winner from Top Music.

All-new remastering coming....

30716696783_e7f3d5c83a_c.jpg

http://www.elusivedisc.com/Joe-Weed-The-Vultures-Hybrid-Stereo-SACD/productinfo/TMISA9801/

Back