A new SQ method!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OD is VERY protective of his work (everyone is different, I understand since he has had a few QQ members diss him...to me OD really knows his stuff)...we shall see..hope he releases his last one...

One thing I know...he's not coming back to the QQ forum (nice going, guys!)...another loss that will affect us "lesser beings" who like to do conversions sporadically...

One thing I know...he's not coming back to the QQ forum (nice going, guys!)...another loss that will affect us "lesser beings" who like to do conversions sporadically...

It's kind of ironic that when you post that, OD is actually logged onto the QQ forum looking at threads.

and whether he wants to share his work is entirely up to him..

Well, of course. I am not suggesting that he HAS TO share his work. It is just that back in #113, he indicated that he was going to. Obviously, if there are a--holes out there antagonising OD, I'd tell the group to "go to hell" as well. Shame.

the script he mentioned on post 113 could be possibly posted by one other person who posts here often and uses the scripts himself....(if he wants to)..

The newer scripts OD has, have probably taken a lot of his time and effort and he may not want to release them..I don't see any indication here that he would release those newer scripts...he doesn't even mention the newer scripts in this thread...so you really can't expect him to spill all his latest knowledge for nothing with a free how to instruction manual for your own use.

Fortunately, I do have the SQ*final/I script (as well as the QS script). I will not release them to anyone unless I get the ok from OD. They are his work and he is the final say of their release. The only real reason I have them was because he asked me to do some testing (as I recall). Sorry folks. And I don't want this to turn into any nastiness. Please respect his wishes.

I haven't played with the scripts in awhile but came upon the Lucanu SQ Script and session file. Loved the session version, no need to save extra copies of files or edit the script to match my computer set up. I then came upon the SQ Plus Script Lucanu's script modified by OD. The separation with that script was noticeably better, centre front seemed more defined. The resulting files were about 3dB lower in level than the original, and then the session files.

I save the files as a multi-channel wav and then convert to four channel flac with foobar. No need to make a DVDA or DTS disc as I play most of my music through the computer anyway.

I recently tweaked the RIAA response of my tube based preamp as the high end was out of whack (too hot), it tests and sounds better now. I might try recording flat and applying the RIAA equalization in Audition, but most recommend against that.

Thank you Lucanu, Rob Romano and OD for helping to make this possible.

I haven't played with the scripts in awhile but came upon the Lucanu SQ Script and session file. Loved the session version, no need to save extra copies of files or edit the script to match my computer set up. I then came upon the SQ Plus Script Lucanu's script modified by OD. The separation with that script was noticeably better, centre front seemed more defined. The resulting files were about 3dB lower in level than the original, and then the session files.

I save the files as a multi-channel wav and then convert to four channel flac with foobar. No need to make a DVDA or DTS disc as I play most of my music through the computer anyway.

I recently tweaked the RIAA response of my tube based preamp as the high end was out of whack (too hot), it tests and sounds better now. I might try recording flat and applying the RIAA equalization in Audition, but most recommend against that.

Thank you Lucanu, Rob Romano and OD for helping to make this possible.

Yes I Transfer the top end flat then run script, then a very very light NR and other proceses, Then roll of the top end a bit, Then use AA to encode, Flatting the top end greatly helps in cleaning up and discs that are not mint as the crackles and pops are sharp and the declickers can deal with it a lot better, no artifacting.

Back