Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 100

Thread: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

  1. #26
    Furry Four-Eared Freak Bob Squires Jr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pocono Mountains Of PA
    Posts
    1,134
    Points
    12,606
    Level
    73
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Emerson Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (DVD-A)
    Eagles - Hotel California (DVD-A)
    Moody Blues - Question Of Balance (SACD)
    Moody Blues - Every Good Boy Deserves Favour (SACD)
    Weather Report - Mysterious Traveller (SACD)
    Foreigner - 4 (DVD-A)
    Donald Fagen - Morph The Cat (DVD-A)
    Temptations - In All Directions (CD-4)
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (RM)
    Crowded House - Crowded House (DVD-A)
    T-Rex - Electric Warrior

    (so I can't count! )

    No order really.
    I could get stuck on an island with these recordings!
    Music is the universal language.
    Someday we'll all sing together.

  2. #27
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star leevitalone1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,505
    Points
    16,438
    Level
    82
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entrySocial10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by timbre4 View Post
    Many joyous moments across many fine releases, but I always come back to this core set:

    Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream (DVD-A)
    Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Brain Salad Surgery (DVD-A)
    The Beatles - Love (DVD-A)
    Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon (AP ala DVD-A)
    The Doors - Best Of (quad DTS)
    Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night Q8 (DTS)
    Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow (SACD)
    Deep Purple - Machine Head (SACD sometimes DVD-A)
    Moody Blues - Days Of Future Passed (SACD)
    Toy Matinee - s/t (DVD-A)

    Ouch, that made my head hurt; 100 titles would be alot easier...
    YAA! BlowxBlow!!! OVERLOOKED!!!! OOP and the 5.1 mix is tits.

  3. #28
    Moderator on Bass timbre4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    College Grove, TN
    Posts
    4,795
    Points
    27,939
    Level
    98
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Forum Musician
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Where you at in upstate? I was born in Fulton...
    Timbre4
    Moderator, Musician, Foole
    Daddeo 2014 Selected Songs link:

    http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=122027&t=3401

  4. #29
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    4,353
    Points
    34,896
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by JonUrban View Post
    Sound & Vision has created their list of the top 10 surround music discs of all time (digital age, that is), and you can see that thread here.

    However, how about a QQ list? If you feel so inclined, create a list of your 10 favorite surround music discs, ANY FORMAT, and list them in a reply to this thread.

    In the past when I've tried threads like this, they usually peter out due to lack of participation, but how about it? If you love surround music, list your favorites - first time posters join in. You won't get belittled by your choices. Pop/Rock/Classical, just make them great SURROUND music!

    PS - You don't even have to do 10 if you can only come up with a few. HINT: Use the HiRez Poll to jog your memory!
    Is there a way to use the scores from the HiRez Poll for a QQ Top 10 ?

  5. #30
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star Chris Gerhard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Little Rock, AR
    Posts
    2,669
    Points
    14,959
    Level
    79
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 391
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    Is there a way to use the scores from the HiRez Poll for a QQ Top 10 ?
    9.76 Talking Heads BRICK DVD-A
    9.74 Porcupine Tree STUPID DREAM DVD-A
    9.74 Porcupine Tree FEAR OF A BLANK PLANET DVD-A
    9.72 Porcupine Tree LIGHTBULB SUN DVD-A
    9.54 Bucky Pizzarelli SWING LIVE BOTH
    9.54 Roy Orbison BLACK AND WHITE NIGHT BOTH
    9.54 Dire Straits BROTHERS IN ARMS BOTH
    9.50 Bob Dylan BLOOD ON THE TRACKS SACD
    9.50 Richard Thompson RUMOR AND SIGH DVD-A
    9.47 Talking Heads REMAIN IN LIGHT DVD-A

    That is what is shown right now.

    Chris

  6. #31
    300 Club - QQ All Star SoonerCaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    371
    Points
    6,624
    Level
    53
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by timbre4 View Post
    Where you at in upstate? I was born in Fulton...
    I was born in Syracuse and grew up (18 years) near Oneida Lake in Kirkville (near Minoa, Bridgeport, and Chittenango). LOL, small world!
    Last Surround Sound Album Played (20130301):
    Dena Piano Duo - Mozart: KV 448, Sonata for Two Pianos in D Major; KV 475, Fantasia for Piano in C Minor /
    Grieg: Op. 51, Old Norwegian Romance with Variations
    [Hybrid Multichannel SACD]
    Music: 9/10; Fidelity: 9/10; "Discrete" Mixes: NA; "Ambient" Mixes: 7/10

    My Music Profile, Collection, and Multichannel Audio Ratings at:
    http://www.last.fm/user/SoonerCaniac

  7. #32
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    4,353
    Points
    34,896
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gerhard View Post
    9.76 Talking Heads BRICK DVD-A
    9.74 Porcupine Tree STUPID DREAM DVD-A
    9.74 Porcupine Tree FEAR OF A BLANK PLANET DVD-A
    9.72 Porcupine Tree LIGHTBULB SUN DVD-A
    9.54 Bucky Pizzarelli SWING LIVE BOTH
    9.54 Roy Orbison BLACK AND WHITE NIGHT BOTH
    9.54 Dire Straits BROTHERS IN ARMS BOTH
    9.50 Bob Dylan BLOOD ON THE TRACKS SACD
    9.50 Richard Thompson RUMOR AND SIGH DVD-A
    9.47 Talking Heads REMAIN IN LIGHT DVD-A

    That is what is shown right now.

    Chris
    Thanks. Very interesting !

  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    30
    Points
    4,807
    Level
    44
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    1. Nilsson Schmilsson Harry Nilsson
    2. Love Beatles
    3. All directions Temptations
    4. Debut Björk
    5. The divine Miss M Bette Midler
    6. Butterfly Barbra Streisand
    7. Greatest hits Diana Ross & the Supremes
    8. Ship O'hoy O'Jays
    9. Perception box Doors
    10.Gratest hits Sly & the family Stone

    Mats

  9. #34
    Senior Member etzeppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    214
    Points
    6,101
    Level
    50
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (DVD-A Parsons mix)
    Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection
    Beatles - LOVE
    Deep Purple - Machine Head (SACD)
    Black Sabbath - Paranoid (CD-4)
    David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust
    Eagles - Hotel California
    America - Homecoming
    The Allman Brothers at Fillmore East (DTS)
    The Doors - Perception box set

  10. #35
    Member haleirwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    32
    Points
    3,287
    Level
    35
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    1.- Scorpions - Moment of Glory (SACD)
    2.- Alison Krauss and Union Station Live (SACD)
    3.- Cardigans - Long Gone Before Daylight (SACD)
    4.- R.E.M - Out of time (DVD-Audio)
    5.- Fourplay S/T (DVD-Audio)
    6.- Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms (SACD)
    7.- Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (SACD)
    8.- Foreigner - 4 (DVD-Audio)
    9.- Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon (SACD)
    10.- James Taylor - Flag (SACD)

  11. #36
    Senior Member beached's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Darwin, Northern Territory. Australia.
    Posts
    265
    Points
    6,398
    Level
    52
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    1. America - Homecoming
    2. Porcupine Tree - FOABP
    3. Pink Floyd - DSOTM (SACD)
    4. Herbie Hancock - Gershwins World
    5. Boz Scaggs - Dig
    6. The Beatles - Love
    7. The O'jays - Ship Ahoy
    8. Deep Purple - Machine Head (SACD/DVD-A)
    9. Roxy Music - Avalon
    10.Steely Dan - Gaucho (DVD-A)
    Please equalise your ears now!

  12. #37
    400 Club - QQ All Star sukothai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    469
    Points
    12,408
    Level
    72
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    I can't come up with a list of favorite 10, but I can summarize what has been voted so far. I didn't worry about format preferences. You will have to search the thread for that info. I have this in a sortable HTML table, but can't insert HTML into a post; so this will have to do:


    VotesArtistTitle
    18Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon
    13Beatles Love
    8Pocrupine Tree Fear Of A Blank Planet
    6Porcupine Tree Lightbulb Sun
    6Deep Purple Machine Head
    6Porcupine Tree Stupid Dream
    5Talking Heads Remain In Light
    4ELP Brain Salad Surgery
    4Dire Straits Brothers In Arms
    4Steely Dan Gaucho
    4America Homecoming
    4Jeff Beck Blow By Blow
    3Metallica Black Album
    3Eagles Hotel California
    3The Who Tommy
    3Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here
    3O'Jays Ship Ahoy
    3Roxy Music Avalon
    3Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    3Temptations All Directions
    3Donald Fagen Nightfly
    3Richard Thompson Rumor And Sigh
    2R.E.M. In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003
    2David Bowie Young Americans
    2Bjork Vespertine
    2Depeche Mode Ultra
    2Diana Krall Love Scenes
    2Doors Best
    2Doors Perception Box
    2Edgar Winter Group They Only Come Out At Night
    2Elton John Honky Chateau
    2Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
    2Fleetwood Mac Rumours
    2Foreigner 4
    2Grateful Dead American Beauty
    2Harry Nilsson Nilsson Schmilsson
    2Herbie Hancock Head Hunters
    2R.E.M Automatic For The People
    2Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed
    2Pere Ubu Modern Dance
    2Queen A Night At The Opera
    2Black Sabbath Paranoid
    2Herbie Hancock Gershwins World
    2Seal Best: 1991-2004
    2Toy Matinee S/T
    2David Crosby If I Could Only Remember My Name
    2Bob Dylan Blood On The Tracks
    2Carole King Tapestry
    2Crowded House Crowded House
    2James Taylor Gorilla
    1Yellow Note We Love Everybody... You'Re Next
    1Boz Scaggs Dig
    1Eagles On The Border
    1Elton John Tumbleweed Connection
    1Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard
    1Fourplay S/T
    1Frank Zappa Quadaudiophiliac
    1Dredg El Cielo
    1Genesis Tha Lamb...
    1Goldfrapp Supernature
    1Graham Nash Songs For Beginners
    1Graham Nash Songs For Survivors
    1Jackson Browne Late For The Sky
    1James Taylor Flag
    1James Taylor Hourglass
    1Jethro Tull War Child
    1John Mcewan & Jimmiy Ibbotson Nitty Gritty Sound
    1Keb' Mo' Just Like You
    1Linda Ronstadt What'S New
    1Macy Gray Trouble With Being Myself
    1Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves Favour
    1Moody Blues Question Of Balance
    1Neil Young Harvest
    1Nicklecreek This Side
    1Doobie Brothers What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits
    1Weather Report Mysterious Traveller
    1Tom Cochrane & Red Rider Trapeze
    1The Guess Who Greatest Hits II
    1The Guess Who Greatest Hits I
    1The Allman Brothers At Fillmore East
    1Talking Heads Speaking In Tongues
    1Talking Heads Naked
    1Talking Heads Fear Of Music
    1Talking Heads Brick Box
    1T-Rex Electric Warrior
    1Sly & The Family Stone Greatest Hits
    1Seal First S/T
    1Scorpions Moment Of Glory
    1Roy Orbison Black And White Night Both
    1Rick Wakeman King Arthur
    1Ray Charles Genius Loves Company
    1R.E.M Out Of Time
    1Porcupine Tree In Absentia
    1Porcupine Tree Deadwing
    1Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother
    1Peter Gabriel Play The Videos
    1Genesis 1976-1982 Box
    1Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare
    1Donald Fagen Morph The Cat
    1Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits
    1Diana Krall The Girl In The Other Room
    1Depeche Mode Violator
    1David Bowie Ziggy Stardust
    1David Bowie Reality
    1Cornelius 5.1
    1Chicago Chicago VII
    1Carpenters Now And Then
    1Carpenters Singles 1969-1981
    1Carly Simon No Secrets
    1Cardigans Long Gone Before Daylight
    1Bucky Pizzarelli Swing Live
    1Bjork Homogenic
    1Bjork Debut
    1Billy Joel Turnstiles
    1Billy Cobham Spectrum
    1Bette Midler The Divine Miss M
    1Beck Sea Change
    1Bass Communion Loss
    1Barbra Streisand Butterfly
    1Alison Krauss And Union Station Live
    VotesArtistTitle
    Last edited by sukothai; 03-10-2009 at 02:02 AM.

  13. #38
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    4,353
    Points
    34,896
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 75.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran25000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mats Lindgren View Post
    1. Nilsson Schmilsson Harry Nilsson
    2. Love Beatles
    3. All directions Temptations
    4. Debut Björk
    5. The divine Miss M Bette Midler
    6. Butterfly Barbra Streisand
    7. Greatest hits Diana Ross & the Supremes
    8. Ship O'hoy O'Jays
    9. Perception box Doors
    10.Gratest hits Sly & the family Stone

    Mats
    Good list. I've heard most of these - and would agree.

    I'm curious about Barbra Streisand's Butterfly. Never heard that one. What songs are on it ?

  14. #39
    Member bliss_band's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    104
    Points
    6,317
    Level
    51
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Alice Cooper - Muscle Of Love (CD4 LP)
    Joni Mitchell - Court & Spark (CD4 LP)
    Jefferson Airplane - Volunteers (CD4 LP)
    The Raiders - Indian Reservation (SQ LP)
    Pink Floyd - Dark Side (Q8)
    Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water (SQ LP)
    Talking Heads - Fear Of Music (DVD-A)
    America - Holiday (CD4 LP)
    America - Homecoming (DVD-A)
    Average White Band - AWB (CD4 LP)

  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    30
    Points
    4,807
    Level
    44
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    The songs on "Butterfly" with Barbra Streisand are:

    Love in the afternoon, Guava Jelly, Grandma's hands, I won't last a day without you, Jubilation, Simple man, Life on Mars, Since I don't have you, Cryin' time, Let the good times roll.

    Good recording, good quad mix, excellent sound

    The album was released 1974.

    Mats

  16. #41
    Member wolfram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Posts
    75
    Points
    3,948
    Level
    39
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Beck - Sea Change (Both)
    Pink Floyd - DSOTM (DVD-A)
    Talking Heads - Speaking In Tounges (Actually all of them) (DVD-A)
    Flaming Lips - Yoshimi (DVD-A)
    Beethoven - String Quartets Vol. 1 by Tacet (and ALL other Tacet Real Surround Productions) (DVD-A)
    Depeche Mode - Ultra (SACD)
    Queen - ANATO (dts & DVD-A)
    Beck - Guero (DVD-A)
    Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms (SACD)
    Eagles - Hotel California (DVD-A)

    Man, looking at my list makes me feel I've been lurking this forum for far too long...
    Last edited by wolfram; 05-24-2009 at 05:17 PM.

  17. #42
    Board Operator JonUrban's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    11,607
    Points
    841,863
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesCreated Blog entry
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by sukothai View Post
    I can't come up with a list of favorite 10, but I can summarize what has been voted so far. I didn't worry about format preferences. You will have to search the thread for that info. I have this in a sortable HTML table, but can't insert HTML into a post; so this will have to do:


    VotesArtistTitle
    18Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon
    13Beatles Love
    8Pocrupine Tree Fear Of A Blank Planet
    6Porcupine Tree Lightbulb Sun
    6Deep Purple Machine Head
    6Porcupine Tree Stupid Dream
    5Talking Heads Remain In Light
    4ELP Brain Salad Surgery
    4Dire Straits Brothers In Arms
    4Steely Dan Gaucho
    4America Homecoming
    4Jeff Beck Blow By Blow
    3Metallica Black Album
    3Eagles Hotel California
    3The Who Tommy
    3Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here
    3O'Jays Ship Ahoy
    3Roxy Music Avalon
    3Elton John Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
    3Temptations All Directions
    3Donald Fagen Nightfly
    3Richard Thompson Rumor And Sigh
    2R.E.M. In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003
    2David Bowie Young Americans
    2Bjork Vespertine
    2Depeche Mode Ultra
    2Diana Krall Love Scenes
    2Doors Best
    2Doors Perception Box
    2Edgar Winter Group They Only Come Out At Night
    2Elton John Honky Chateau
    2Flaming Lips Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
    2Fleetwood Mac Rumours
    2Foreigner 4
    2Grateful Dead American Beauty
    2Harry Nilsson Nilsson Schmilsson
    2Herbie Hancock Head Hunters
    2R.E.M Automatic For The People
    2Moody Blues Days Of Future Passed
    2Pere Ubu Modern Dance
    2Queen A Night At The Opera
    2Black Sabbath Paranoid
    2Herbie Hancock Gershwins World
    2Seal Best: 1991-2004
    2Toy Matinee S/T
    2David Crosby If I Could Only Remember My Name
    2Bob Dylan Blood On The Tracks
    2Carole King Tapestry
    2Crowded House Crowded House
    2James Taylor Gorilla
    1Yellow Note We Love Everybody... You'Re Next
    1Boz Scaggs Dig
    1Eagles On The Border
    1Elton John Tumbleweed Connection
    1Eric Clapton 461 Ocean Boulevard
    1Fourplay S/T
    1Frank Zappa Quadaudiophiliac
    1Dredg El Cielo
    1Genesis Tha Lamb...
    1Goldfrapp Supernature
    1Graham Nash Songs For Beginners
    1Graham Nash Songs For Survivors
    1Jackson Browne Late For The Sky
    1James Taylor Flag
    1James Taylor Hourglass
    1Jethro Tull War Child
    1John Mcewan & Jimmiy Ibbotson Nitty Gritty Sound
    1Keb' Mo' Just Like You
    1Linda Ronstadt What'S New
    1Macy Gray Trouble With Being Myself
    1Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves Favour
    1Moody Blues Question Of Balance
    1Neil Young Harvest
    1Nicklecreek This Side
    1Doobie Brothers What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits
    1Weather Report Mysterious Traveller
    1Tom Cochrane & Red Rider Trapeze
    1The Guess Who Greatest Hits II
    1The Guess Who Greatest Hits I
    1The Allman Brothers At Fillmore East
    1Talking Heads Speaking In Tongues
    1Talking Heads Naked
    1Talking Heads Fear Of Music
    1Talking Heads Brick Box
    1T-Rex Electric Warrior
    1Sly & The Family Stone Greatest Hits
    1Seal First S/T
    1Scorpions Moment Of Glory
    1Roy Orbison Black And White Night Both
    1Rick Wakeman King Arthur
    1Ray Charles Genius Loves Company
    1R.E.M Out Of Time
    1Porcupine Tree In Absentia
    1Porcupine Tree Deadwing
    1Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother
    1Peter Gabriel Play The Videos
    1Genesis 1976-1982 Box
    1Alice Cooper Welcome To My Nightmare
    1Donald Fagen Morph The Cat
    1Diana Ross & The Supremes Greatest Hits
    1Diana Krall The Girl In The Other Room
    1Depeche Mode Violator
    1David Bowie Ziggy Stardust
    1David Bowie Reality
    1Cornelius 5.1
    1Chicago Chicago VII
    1Carpenters Now And Then
    1Carpenters Singles 1969-1981
    1Carly Simon No Secrets
    1Cardigans Long Gone Before Daylight
    1Bucky Pizzarelli Swing Live
    1Bjork Homogenic
    1Bjork Debut
    1Billy Joel Turnstiles
    1Billy Cobham Spectrum
    1Bette Midler The Divine Miss M
    1Beck Sea Change
    1Bass Communion Loss
    1Barbra Streisand Butterfly
    1Alison Krauss And Union Station Live
    VotesArtistTitle
    Nice job on the list!
    :-jon

  18. #43
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star leevitalone1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,505
    Points
    16,438
    Level
    82
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 412
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entrySocial10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by leevitalone1 View Post
    YAA! BlowxBlow!!! OVERLOOKED!!!! OOP and the 5.1 mix is tits.
    correction!! blow by blow is NOT- NOT OOP!! and is readily available
    MY real bad
    The divorce was my fault, I just couldn't get along with her boyfriends.

  19. #44
    Funk & Guitar Junkie dbmay75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, CA USA
    Posts
    547
    Points
    11,680
    Level
    71
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 370
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    No order and subject to change...

    1. Steely Dan - Gaucho (SACD)
    2. Donald Fagen - The Nightfly (DVD-A)
    3. Beck - Sea Change (DVD-A)
    4. Grover Washington Jr. - Winelight (DVD-A)
    5. Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon (SACD & DVD-A)
    6. Talking Heads - Speaking In Tongues (DVD-A)
    7. Elton John - Honky Chateau (SACD)
    8. Seal - Best Of 1991-2004 (DVD-A) [acoustic]
    9. Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music (SACD)
    10. Ray Charles - Genius Loves Company (Superdisc)

    Ouch...choosing only 10 hurt more than I expected it to.

    Dan
    Hey gang, my first acoustic demo is available for listening at SoundCloud - send me a PM and let me know what you think!

    Dan


  20. #45
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star filper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oakville, ON
    Posts
    1,102
    Points
    21,072
    Level
    91
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 278
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    SocialVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Hi Dan,

    I'm glad you are enjoying 'Honky Chateau'.

    Great disc.
    'No one I think is in my tree...'

  21. #46
    Member tcdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Valley of Heavenly Delights
    Posts
    154
    Points
    9,269
    Level
    64
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Here is my list, not in order of best to worst or worst to best:

    1. Beatles, Love (DVD-A)
    2. Alan Parsons, A Valid Path, (DualDisc - Dolby Digital)
    3. Queen, A Night At The Opera, (DVD-A)
    4. Linkin Park, [Reanimation], ( DVD=A)
    5. Chicago, Chicago, (DVD-A)
    6. The Moody Blues, Days of Future Past, (dts-CD)
    7. Faith Hill, Cry, (DVD-A)
    8. Renee Fleming, Renee Fleming, (DVD-A)
    9. Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms, (DualDisc – DVD-A)
    10. John McEuen and Jimmy Ibbotson, Nitty Gritty Surround, (DVD-A)

  22. #47
    Member JohnG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Massapeuqa Park,NY
    Posts
    38
    Points
    5,785
    Level
    49
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 165
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    My favs:

    Violator/ Depeche Mode
    Avalon/ Roxy Music
    LOVE/ The Beatles
    Stupid Dream/ Porcupine Tree
    Dark Side of the Moon/ Pink Floyd
    Wish You Were Here/ Pink Floyd
    The Lamb/ Genesis
    Brain Salad Surgery/ ELP
    Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/ Elton John
    Six Wives Of Henry The Eighth/ Rick Wakeman

    Looking forward to finally hearing In The Court Of The Crimson King.
    Life is good with Denon Link 3!

    JohnG

  23. #48
    Junior Member hego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    18
    Points
    3,177
    Level
    34
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    The Incident - Porcupine Tree (dvdv)
    Stupid dream - Porcupine Tree (dvda)
    Lightbulb sun - Porcupine Tree (dvda)
    Deadwing - Porcupine Tree (dvda)
    Manafon - David Sylvian (dvdv)
    Together we're Stranger - No man (dvda)
    Schoolyard Ghosts - No Man (dvda)
    Vespertine - Bjork (sacd)
    Medulla - Bjork (sacd)
    Live NYC - Blackfield (dvd)

  24. #49
    Member patrick1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hinsdale, Illinois
    Posts
    189
    Points
    4,647
    Level
    43
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entryVeteran
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Hello!

    In No Particular Order, My 10-

    1- Peter Gabriel- "UP"
    2- Porcupine Tree- "IN ABSENTIA"
    3- Graham Nash- "SONGS FOR SURVIVORS"
    4- Rush- "SNAKES AND ARROWS"
    5- No-Man- "SCHOOLYARD GHOSTS"
    6- David Bowie- "HEATHEN"
    7- Steven Wilson- "INSURGENTES"
    8- Frankie Goes To Hollywood- "RAGE HARD...."
    9- Kitaro- "THE SACRED JOURNEY OF KU-KAI"
    10- Elton John- "GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD"

    Thank You.

  25. #50
    tootull JohnN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    276
    Points
    9,156
    Level
    64
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: QQ Top 10 Surround Music Discs of all time! (?)

    Elton John Madman Across The Water SACD
    Elton John Captain Fantastic And The Brown Dirt Cowboy SACD
    Beatles LOVE DVD-A
    Chicago II DVD-A
    Eagles Hotel California DVD-A
    Doors LA Woman DVD-A
    Pink Floyd Dark Side SACD
    T. Rex Electric Warrior SACD
    Billy Joel The Stranger SACD
    Billy Joel 52nd Street SACD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •