RPWL's new album mixed in surround, Label won't back Hi-Rez

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan Berichon

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Thought you guys might be interested in this.

I left a comment on the RPWL myspace page asking if there were any plans on more 5.1 from the band.

Yogi responded to me with this:

hey dylan,
thanks a lot for the kind words!
great to hear that you like the surround sacd of "World through my eyes"!!
In fact the "experience" album is mixed in surround.
But our label didn't want to support another high definition disc.
a pity....
cheers
yogi

What a shame. Here's a band that is meant for surround and the label won't support it!!

Wish they had a label contract like PT where if the label demonstrates format cluelessness, the band is free to proceed with it themselves.

"Inside Out Music" - They released a "special edition" of this disc, yet no SACD. Guess they did not want to pay Sony! :(

They should call up Opus Productions!

This sucks or is it just incorrect information from label on RPWL.

As I posted about Symphony X, band I don't know much about but they are getting a 5.1 done for release on Nov.4th and its on Inside Out label. How do we get information to Inside Out that they are losing money by not doing this. I purposely didn't pick up the new RPWL because its not in surround when the previous album was. Thats loss of one sale(am I the only one?).

Here's link for Symphony X and label states INSIDE OUT.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradise-Lost-5-1-Symphony-X/dp/B001FEO6MS

Thats loss of one sale(am I the only one?).

Make that two. It's asinine to have a mix all ready to go and not at least put it out on a DTS DVD. Who runs these companies!? I mean, is this how you run a music label? Do people go to school to learn how to make boneheaded decisions like this, or are they just born with that talent? ;)

Do people go to school to learn how to make boneheaded decisions like this, or are they just born with that talent? ;)

I don't really know, but I would guess that they were born just fine. Then they got into business school and marketing and totally lost sight of what is it... oh yes, the music.

I have to make a concerted effort to listen to the whole sacd of theirs. The whole PF sound alike thing put me off on my first attempt, but I will get back to it one day.

I just contacted the band.
Cross fingers.....

Good Luck, Neil. With the great results you've gotten from the Procupine Tree stuff, you would think that other progressive thinking bands would see that there is more to offer with DVD-A than formats costing more to do.

Silence in this thread since 2008..... Neil I assume you had no luck??

I'd love another 5.1 RPWL "Experience" :eek: - Just been listening to Stock.....

Back