Quad LP/Tape Poll Jefferson Starship: Red Octopus [CD-4/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Red Octopus"

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Grunt BFD1-0999, from 1975.

Side 1:

1. Fast Buck Freddie
2. Miracles
3. Git Fiddler
4. Al Garimasu (There Is Love)
5. Sweeter Than Honey

Side 2:

1. Play On Love
2. Tumblin
3. I Want To See Another World
4. Sandalphon
5. There Will Be Love

ED :)

I picked this album up over the weekend. I am no expert, but the mix seemed very nice at times, but at others it seemed very flat. In general, I am not a big fan of Jefferson Starship, so the music itself was not my favorite. I liked the instrumental sections and thought the mix was good there. I think the LP may grow on me. I will give it a couple more spins over next week or so. For now, 7. If it had jumped out at me a bit more, then it would have been an 8.

I picked this album up over the weekend. I am no expert, but the mix seemed very nice at times, but at others it seemed very flat. In general, I am not a big fan of Jefferson Starship, so the music itself was not my favorite. I liked the instrumental sections and thought the mix was good there. I think the LP may grow on me. I will give it a couple more spins over next week or so. For now, 7. If it had jumped out at me a bit more, then it would have been an 8.
Miracles is such a great song! Never heard it in Quad.

A '6' for me, not that the mixes are bad, but the material is generally bland and too, too easy listening at times from people capable of much more.

ED :)

My second favorite all-time song: Miracles. Every version of this song has some extreme gain-riding when they sing "power." It's annoying! Great album!
27068.jpg

Back