Quad LP/Tape Poll Light, Enoch: 4 Channel (Quadraphonic) Dynamite [QS/Q8/QR]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "4 Channel Dynamite"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Crap Sound, Crap Mix, Crap Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Project 3 PR 5068QD, from 1972.

Side 1:

1. Cecilia
2. Prelude To Peace
3. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
4. Put A Little Love In Your Heart
5. Jambalaya (On the Bayou)

Side 2:

1. Penny Lane
2. Chicago
3. I Feel The Earth Move
4. Cherokee
5. Oye Como Va

ED :)

I'm listening to this album right now because...well...because I found it in a thrift store today. I wouldn't know how to rate it because, while the mix is impressive, the actual music is not my thing. But I find it fascinating that the arrangement of "Penny Lane" ends with the extra trumpet notes that only appeared on the U.S. promo single!

J. D.

Yes, that it does...which makes one wonder whether someone referenced that promo 45, or some sheet music had that part included. Either way, it's an interesting thing to note.

And no, the music's not my thing either, though I'm partial to the earlier Light albums like PERSUASIVE and PROVOCATIVE PERCUSSION series, which were the first series of albums to be truly stereo-oriented (though mono pressings were also issued). By 1966, when Light started Project 3, the music scene had changed to the point where this kind of music was far less commercial, and although some of it sold Ok, its listeners were drifting away.

ED :)

Charge! is by far my fave Enoch Light album that' I've heard. I like instrumentals and Mr. Light certainly had a talent for capturing the magic that the original artist had on some of the songs. I think this is one of the weaker albums, but tunes like "The Night they drove ol Dixie Down" and "I feel the Earth Move" are very well done. Enoch did a lot of Beatle songs, including an album totally dedicated to Beatle songs! But there are still other albums that contain Beatle songs that didn't make it to the Beatle album. Would be an idea to compile them all into one big Beatle album. Beatle. Beatle. Beatle.

Beatle.

Back