Krell & Linn Release New SACD & DVD-A Players

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Krell Industries & Linn Products have released their new high end players introduced at CES.

The Krell SACD Standard is a Multichannel/Stereo SACD player that matches the styling of their DVD Standard DVD Video player.

The Linn Unidisk 1.1 is a universal optical disc player that handles CD, DVD-V, SACD and DVD-A discs.

Check the story on High Fidelity Review at
www.highfidelityreview.co...r=17490973 for more details.

Maybe the next time I come across $6,000 Cdn I will look at one.

You are close. I think it is $6.50 U.S. :D Actually, the Cdn dollar is doing better against the U.S. than it has in 20 years. It would be a perfect time for us Canucks to buy stuff but the price on this equipment is a bit steep. I guess if you have plenty of cash it is not, but I have to say that there has to be a law of diminishing returns applied here. Also, the Linn is $10,000 U.S. and the sound quality was not mentioned even though there was a demo provided (although Paul Simons DVD-A disc was not the best choice). All that was mentioned was the ability to recognize the discs. Well, my 45a does this flawlessly and if this is the big selling feature it doesn't do it for me. Damn, I wasn't going to get on the soapbox again. I will get off now.

Back