SACD-1000 Multichannel SACD Players on Audiogon

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
FYI, I'm noticing that the Philips SACD-1000 Multichannel SACD/DVD Video players are now showing up on Audiogon and eBay (among other web auction places) for $500 - $700 in sealed boxes and almost new condition.

While the SACD-1000 doesn't pass the DTS digital signal out, it's an otherwise fine SACD player at these prices. (The original list price was $2,000). And it features 6 of the Marantz/Philips High Definition Analog Modules (HDAMs) for Multichannel playback that are not in the newer $500 and under Philips SACD players.

So if you're looking for a Multichannel SACD player, I'd give these a serious look !

www.jandr.com/JRProductPa...Id=3650522

$399... only thing is I want a recorder also (to record dvd video), and it looks like I'll need 2 machines since you can't get recording ability and sacd playback in the same machine.... but anyway I think I'll be ordering one of these 963 machines after all.. I was going to get a universal player but since I've already got the Technics DVD-Audio player, I guess I really don't need one, especially if they're converting the SACDs to PCM

Well, the 963SA does not have the high quality analog circuitry found in the SACD-1000.

So there is a difference in the playback quality.

Do you own both machines? I would assume you do if you hear differences between the two. What are the differences?

People who have compared the two have found the sonics on the SACD-1000 superior.

That shouldn't be surprising given the difference in circuitry, as well as price, of the players.

Back