SACD Player Announcements

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I haven't seen any SACD Megachangers yet. But the Sony Electronics folks tell me that others besides yourself have asked for such a product. So who knows what's coming.

In the meantime, I'm very surprised at the number of SACD and SACD/DVD-A players at CES. Quite a few more than last year, to be sure !

Brian, I went to the link you posted and was reading about the sacd/dvd-a players and came across one for MSB TECH., was interesting reading , so went to their site and nothing at all about it! Any ideas ! It was very High End ! $7,000.00.
All kinds of bells and whistles, 8 channels out and digital (2) ports! Just wanted to get more info on it, not that I could ever afford one but...:|
Rob0]

The MSB Technologies folks say their web site will include info on the new Universal Player/Processor/Preamp next week.

It looks like an interesting player. But all we have at CES is a static unit on display. So no chance to audition the sound.

Thanks for that. I've been wanting to take the plunge, but $$$$ and the fact that I called every Sony dealer in Toronto and couldn't find a CE-755 have delayed my purchase. I think I'll wait till June for the Pioneer.

I think the Sony 775 is out of production at this point.

You may want to check Oade Brothers and some of the web stores that carry SACD Players to see if you can nab one that way.

It's funny.....I could not find ANY Sony CD players with SACD capabilities.....I didn't want a DVD/SACD....and the new ones won't be coming out for about 4-5 weeks.....does that make sense? If Sony wants to get SACD into the mainstream, they're doing a poor job of it. I'm itching.....but like I said, instead of buying a Sony for $200 CND, I will now wait for the universal Pioneer coming in June, which should be around $400 CND

I find it amazing that Sony has not released a new line of SACD players. It's been over a year. THey should have every model of CD player the make redesigned and out there with SACD capability, even if only stereo.

Does not make sense.

I went to one of the Future Shops in London, Ontario last night to pick up a couple of the Stones SACDs that they had on sale and I asked one of the "audio" guys if they had any new Super Audio CD players ... and he said "sure, over here ... they're all SUPER" ... LOL ... hardly a wonder that companies are reluctant to release new players when their retailers are so well-informed. Made my day anyway ... Mike.

Oh my god, that is too funny!!!:rollin:
I called a Sony store in town, and a girl answers...I ask for any CD players with SACD capabilities.....she says "I'm not sure what you are talking about, let me get one of the guys here..."
Great training!
As far as the whole thing goes....imagine a car dealership selling out of their 2002's......and telling customers.."sorry, we have no new models, they should be here in a few weeks"....
Oh well.....C'mon Pioneer...restore my faith in high volume manufacturers!!!

I had a similar problem here in Calgary. I decide to buy a SACD player just so I could hear DSOTM. I search everywhere for a player even the Sony Stores but there was none to be had, finally I found a display model CE775 at Sears which I got for about $230 CDN, but now I cannot find the DSOTM disc.

Back