Sony Announces 400 Disc SACD Changer

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
In response to Jon Urban's requests (!), Sony has announced their upcoming 400 Disc SACD Changer, the DVP-CX985V.

It will be available in September for a suggested list price of $400.

Here's what the announcement says about the changer:
"Leading this year's core line-up is the DVP-CX985V DVD changer, with 400-Disc Explorer™ library management system that offers multi-channel SACD playback, Precision Cinema Progressive™, 12 bit/108 MHz Video D/A Converter and MP3 playback. Movie lovers will treasure the crisp images and vivid picture quality Sony's proprietary progressive scan technology provides, and music lovers will enjoy the high-resolution reproduction of SACD multi-channel performance."

More details are at news.sel.sony.com/pressrelease/3374

IT IS ABOUT FARGING TIME!!! :D :D :D

September????? :eek: :(

:-jon

PS - Thanks Brian!

Has DVD-RW/-R, DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/RW, but Sony just couldn't bring itself to add competing DVD-A technology capability to this. Too sad. Think I'll wait for one that does.

Ed

. . . is a little disappointed that there's not an ES version as well. It's an admission of hypocrisy. I keep preaching that the transport section of DVD players and CD player is not terribly relevant, but usually it's when I can rely on my surround processor to handle the digital processing. Since there is no digital processing in my Lexicon for SACD, I guess it's all about the disc player.

Nonetheless, I'm a committed changer aficionado (three ES CD changers, three Kenwood Sovereign DVD changers) and I'll gladly buy this unit upon its release. I'll probably keep my 555ES for a while to see if there's any difference.

Nick

One option might be to talk to the companies that "Hot Rod" SACD players like Modwright.com, Allen Wright, etc.

Then you get better sound and the 400 SACD changer.

Okay, the 400 disc changer is finally happening, now what about the portables & head units?

Sidebar: The Sony DRU500A DVD+R/-R writer I bought from Dell was DOA out of the box and suddenly Dell no longer sells them? Most dealers don't have them in stock? Hmmm.... I smell a new model coming.

Between that episode and Sony's continued commitment to ignore DVD-A, I have to start looking elsewhere...

Sounds very similar to Toshiba and Panasonic's failure to support SACD in their players. :)

>>Between that episode and Sony's continued commitment to ignore DVD-A, I have to start looking elsewhere...

Back