It can actually pay to register your Sony gear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cai Campbell

In Remembrance
Since 2002/2003
When I bought my Sony SACD player, like most consumer products, it came with a registration card. I know these things are usually designed to do nothing more than put you on a mailing list, so I usually don't send them in. However, this time I went ahead and filled it out and sent it off to Sony.

Well, here we are almost a year later and I get a nice little package from Sony containing not one, not two, but THREE SACD demo discs along with a letter thanking me for my purchase! Very cool! On top of that, one of the demo discs is the much sought after and way overpriced (on eBay) Rolling Stones SACD sampler! Totally cool!

The Stones disc is stereo, but the other two samplers are hybrid stereo/multi-channel discs. What makes this really great is that all three titles are new to me and make great additions to my collection. If you have a Sony SACD player and haven't sent in your registration card, I recommend that you do so now!

Which Stones SACD Sampler did they send you? The one with 3 or 4 cuts - or the original one with 21 cuts?

Also, for folks who haven't registered their Sony SACD players yet, you can easily do so now on line by visiting the Sony Electronics SACD web site at www.onlineregister.com/sony/indexl.html

Can't say I've received the nice letter - or the 3 free SACDs yet. But I'm watching my mailbox !

Ah, I didn't know there was more than one Stones sampler. The one I have has six cuts. Catalog number is 4-243-687-01.

OK, you have the newer one. Yes, the original Stones SACD Sampler sent to the press had 21 cuts on it. Check my write up on it over on High Fidelity Review at www.highfidelityreview.co...mber=52303 for details.

So what are the other two free Sony SACDs - and what SACD cuts are on those? (Unfortunately I haven't received the magic letter and SACD discs so far).

>>Ah, I didn't know there was more than one Stones sampler. The one I have has six cuts. Catalog number is 4-243-687-01.

The other two SACD's are:

Super Audio CD Sampler (ESS 58943) Sony

All tracks are stereo and multi-channel. Artists include Celine Dion, Ginuwine, Chris Botti, Yo Yo Ma, Mark O'Connor, Jorma Kaukonen, Steve Tyrell, Herbie Hancock, Peter White, Phil Lesh, Alice In Chains and Marvin Gaye.

Multichannel SACD Sampler (CA 3634) Sony, Telarc, Heads Up, Delos, Chesky

Artists include London Symphony Orchestra, Philharmonia of Russia, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, David Johansen and Spyro Gyra.

Thanks. I've heard the CA 3634 sampler, but not the other one (ESS 58943).

>>The other two SACD's are:

Super Audio CD Sampler (ESS 58943) Sony

All tracks are stereo and multi-channel. Artists include Celine Dion, Ginuwine, Chris Botti, Yo Yo Ma, Mark O'Connor, Jorma Kaukonen, Steve Tyrell, Herbie Hancock, Peter White, Phil Lesh, Alice In Chains and Marvin Gaye.

Multichannel SACD Sampler (CA 3634) Sony, Telarc, Heads Up, Delos, Chesky

Artists include London Symphony Orchestra, Philharmonia of Russia, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, David Johansen and Spyro Gyra.

hi Cai

yes i got them too last monday! :rollin:
too bad i'm not a stone fan at all.:lol: but will play it once
them problably get rid of it. but very cool from Sony
i bought mine last Xmas and register it last year too but i guess better late than never Gerardo

Back