Dvd-audio decoder for Foobar2000

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can someone comment on "Foobar2000"? What exactly is it?

Foobar2000 is a player/converter application. I've used it for DTS surround playing for a couple years. It easily converts between .wav and .dts.

Recently a component was created to play DVDA without downsampling and without recognizing watermarks. It plays MLP or wav multichannel DVDA. Doesn't yet play .iso but I have a feeling it soon will.

Cool! Is it gapless? I think that's the problem I had with cyberlink.

Thanks for the heads up. I can't believe I missed that. I use foobar2000 since the moment it could do more and in a more consistent way than winamp did. And I like DVD-A, so less need for Power-DVD (seems to downsample to 48kHz) or SHAplay (a bit primitive, but does the job).
(After little bit of testing I found the component sometimes could not handle it and speed started to change and stuttering occurred. After restarting foobar2000 it was OK again.)

Seems to play gapless. I extracted the wavs from the recent digital conversion of DSOTM and its playing gapless so far. Its on track 7 "round and round and round..."

Its a lot like ImgBurn. Its free and takes no time to load up and work. I dislike programs that take what seems like minutes to load because they need to access the internet, and phone home for more instructions, etc.

I have one hell of a time finding threads here.....I was wanting a Foobar FAQ thread...I'm sure there is one.

Anyhow - Foobar on my old laptop looked great. Font's were excellent, everything fit nicely within the screen (I am using Dark One skin that many here use).

Fast forward to new laptop, same Foobar, same Dark One skin. Only now the fonts are all out of proportion. The library on the left, font is so small I strain to see it. Then fonts on the right, where it shows songs playing....is bigger, so they don't fit nicely in the window. I've never had to mess with fonts and anyway, in Foobar, there are font settings..but even if I change them, nothing changes.

Anyone who uses foobar and Dark ONe skin have any comments on this? :)

I have one hell of a time finding threads here.....I was wanting a Foobar FAQ thread...I'm sure there is one.

Anyhow - Foobar on my old laptop looked great. Font's were excellent, everything fit nicely within the screen (I am using Dark One skin that many here use).

Fast forward to new laptop, same Foobar, same Dark One skin. Only now the fonts are all out of proportion. The library on the left, font is so small I strain to see it. Then fonts on the right, where it shows songs playing....is bigger, so they don't fit nicely in the window. I've never had to mess with fonts and anyway, in Foobar, there are font settings..but even if I change them, nothing changes.

Anyone who uses foobar and Dark ONe skin have any comments on this? :)

Check your Windows 10 Display settings. Some programs do not like it if you don't have them set to 100%.

Right click the desktop, select "Display Settings" and make sure that in Scale and Layout, the box for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is set to '100% (Recommended)

If that's not it, then I have no idea.

Check your Windows 10 Display settings. Some programs do not like it if you don't have them set to 100%.

Right click the desktop, select "Display Settings" and make sure that in Scale and Layout, the box for "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" is set to '100% (Recommended)

If that's not it, then I have no idea.

Yeah Jon, I tried all that. :(

It may be time for me to look into different programs.... J-river??

Yeah Jon, I tried all that. :(

It may be time for me to look into different programs.... J-river??

Musicbee has the best layout that doesn't require much fiddling about:)

JRiver is good too but does so much more it becomes complicated, which isn't a negative really. It does SACD iso too.

The same thing happened to me with Foobar, the new PC did not like the fancy skin. I still use it but not for my main music library and no complicated layout.

I recommend Musicbee. I use all three and also Kodi for movies (concert videos too).

UGH...

With all my laptop issues, I had to reinstall Foobar few weeks ago....anyway, seems I'm missing a component. I cannot convert to flac now....I get some message after I hit convert that says "locate flac.exe"

I know I've run into that problem couple years ago - but I cannot find the proper component I need. Now, I googled it and it keeps taking me to a component download on the foobar.org site. Something like Free Encoder Pack...but my anti-virus keeps quarantining it. Says it's a virus.

So, while this is not the proper thread, I couldn't find one and didn't feel like starting a new one. Anyone know what I need and how I can get it? :)

Back