Larry Fast Email response from an icon-Mr. Larry Fast!!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is one of several things we (Larry Fast & I) discussed over the last 3 months; he's still working through the delivery options. There is more I could say, but I do not wish to speak out of turn. I'd also made Larry aware of QQ and what surround fans are looking for in a general sense. It was my original thought that Larry would become ready during 2018 and we'd engage at that time.

That he's aware, listening, and open to options is awesome. Growing up musically in he 70's as a prog & synth fan those Synergy albums were essential to me - seeing him live on those Gabriel tours in 77/78/80 etc were great times.

This is one of several things we (Larry Fast & I) discussed over the last 3 months; he's still working through the delivery options. There is more I could say, but I do not wish to speak out of turn. I'd also made Larry aware of QQ and what surround fans are looking for in a general sense. It was my original thought that Larry would become ready during 2018 and we'd engage at that time.

Well, now I'm feeling like a telltale!!!
It was not my intention to "talk out of turn", and in his emails he has not mentioned to not saying anything..I tried to be as discreet as possible...

Hope he os cool about it...I've a friend who is a genius keyboard player from way back who works in NYC and talked to Larry recently after he did a "piano roll" recording", and he asked about the synths he used during the PG tours etc. and he told me that Larry is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet! (Always good to know!)

Here's to him showing up soon on the Forum!!!

:smokin

Well, now I'm feeling like a telltale!!!
It was not my intention to "talk out of turn", and in his emails he has not mentioned to not saying anything..I tried to be as discreet as possible...

Hope he os cool about it...I've a friend who is a genius keyboard player from way back who works in NYC and talked to Larry recently after he did a "piano roll" recording", and he asked about the synths he used during the PG tours etc. and he told me that Larry is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet! (Always good to know!)

Here's to him showing up soon on the Forum!!!

:smokin
I hope he comes to the forum, too. It's always interesting to hear from the actual quad pioneers. He did a great job with the QS version of "Synergy", and I would love to have it on a BD-A disc or DVD-A.

If he has the time and is open the idea, a "welcome" q & a thing would be great - I'm sure several members here have some interesting and "non-standard" things they'd love to hear Larry's take on.

That’s the idea. He’s as technical as you’d want him to be; he understands the entire process. I wrote him today to see how he’d like to proceed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply from Larry on 1/17/2018:

"Been very tied up with national rollout of our film on PBS. There's a lot to adding film producer into my daily schedule. As that winds down and I'm between film projects, I'll be revisiting my musical back catalog and all of the surround projects which have had to wait."

Information on the film: http://www.savingthegreatswamp.com/

:banana:

I don't know about that (no royalties with no logo).

But I do recall talking to both Jerry LeBow who did outreach in the US for Sansui and Ed Michel of Impulse/ABC back in the '70s and they were both very clear that ABC and Impulse were encoding LP releases in QS. The topic of QS royalties never came up in my chats with them.
And they were calling it "standard matrix" on many of their releases. Yep! That's not going to confuse the masses...is it?

.......Of course I extended a cordial invitation for him to JOIN our great Forum, to which he said he would...(he'll also get "the ROYAL treatment"=his own section) cause , let's face it , HE is a QUAD PIONEER!!!
.......:smokin

And here it is! The newest forum in the artists section!

Oh, and also, by the way, Welcome to to the forum Larry. We are glad to have you here.

Larry's website: http://synergy-emusic.com/

Back