Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect 5.1 DD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papashawn

I found out this morning that the deluxe version of BTBAM's new album The Great Misdirect comes with a Bonus DVD that contains a 5.1 Dolby Digital mix of the album. I've been a fan of theirs since their first album, and 2007's "Colors" is easily one of my top ten. I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm hoping they've done it justice. If you aren't familiar with the band, they are progressive metal, with 3/4 screamed vocals, very technical guitar work, and great proggy interludes. If you're a fan of Dream Theater or great metal music in general, check them out. I'll reply back once I've had a chance to listen to the whole thing in surround. I can't wait!:banana:

I have it in stereo. I didn't realize there was a 5.1 DD version.

I love the music, but the vocals turn me off at times. As a result, I don't listen to it very often. Great live band though.

Let me know how the DD 5.1 sounds, and if the mix is good. I can't imagine their music compressing well in DD. I would expect it to sound horrible, much like the Dream Theater and Opeth DD 5.1 discs.

I have it in stereo. I didn't realize there was a 5.1 DD version.

I love the music, but the vocals turn me off at times. As a result, I don't listen to it very often. Great live band though.

Let me know how the DD 5.1 sounds, and if the mix is good. I can't imagine their music compressing well in DD. I would expect it to sound horrible, much like the Dream Theater and Opeth DD 5.1 discs.

I also don't like the aggressive vocal-parts, but the 5.1 mix in DD is really an experience.
Over Amazon.com Marketplace I bought in for 9€.
It is worth it, I would buy it again.

:)

If you can handle the occasional scream/gruff vocal - this is great musically, very, very good mix - would it sound better in hi-rez? Probably. Does it sound cool as-is? Yes.
I like this musically waaaaay better than Dream Theater. Probably about as much as I like Opeth.

Back