HiRez Poll Petty, Tom & The Heartbreakers - THE LIVE ANTHOLOGY [Blu-Ray Audio]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the BDA of Tom Petty - THE LIVE ANTHOLOGY

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Audio, Poor Content, Poor Surround

• Total voters
If you have the 4-Disc DVD version of "Runnin' Down a Dream" there is an excellent live video concert included from Gainesville (Disc 3, I believe in DD 5.1). This live video concert is not included on the blu-ray version of "Runnin' Down a Dream" however.

Odd in that I've been thinking, "They did this because of the success of 'History of the Eagles'," which had a live concert on the blu ray, but not the DVD. Obviously I like the Eagles approach better.

I figured I'd bump this thread up due to recent events. I am going to revisit this BluRay during the week, as I have sorta forgot about it since it first came out. I would guess that there will be a renewed interest in it, and wonder if it might actually get a re-release by the label.

For Petty fans that don't have this, it's well worth searching for. Prices may vary, of course, and they might rise even further as demand for this release might increase.

I figured I'd bump this thread up due to recent events. I am going to revisit this BluRay during the week, as I have sorta forgot about it since it first came out. I would guess that there will be a renewed interest in it, and wonder if it might actually get a re-release by the label.

For Petty fans that don't have this, it's well worth searching for. Prices may vary, of course, and they might rise even further as demand for this release might increase.

The price for it now is in the $200+ range...if you can even find one to buy...if they re-issued that one it would sell quickly...if you do revisit it...do yourself a favor...set aside some time to REALLY listen to it...if you can spare a couple of hours it will be time well spent...

I got lucky. Literally. I bought a copy of this for only 55 dollars on Amazon a few years ago. This is the description that came with it

THE ULTIMATE TOM PETTY ANTHOLOGY! WAS A BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE....FOR THE ULTIMATE TOM PETTY FAN! THE CONTENTS OF THIS ITEM ARE NEW BUT THE SOME OF THE SETS WERE DAMAGED DUE TO POOR PACKAGING, WE OPENED EACH SET TO INSPECT THE BOX, AND GRADED EACH SET ACCORDING TO IT' S CONDITION. THIS SET REQUIRED MINOR REPAIR TO THE BOX, WE RESEALED THE BOX AND EVEN REPLACED THE LABELS. BUY VERY GOOD AND GET NEW AT AN AMAZINGLY LOW PRICE!!!!! NO EXCUSES 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!!! ALL PURCHASES 100% GUARANTEED!!! BUY HERE WITH CONFIDENCE!!!

The actual physical box itself has some wear and tear, but everything else is perfect. I was really tempted to sell it a few times to make a profit on that 55 dollars, but I'm glad I didn't. Especially now.

Last edited:
I got lucky. Literally. I bought a copy of this for only 55 dollars on Amazon a few years ago. This is the description that came with it

The actual physical box itself has some wear and tear, but everything else is perfect. I was really tempted to sell it a few times to make a profit on that 55 dollars, but I'm glad I didn't. Especially now.

I bought one of those damaged boxes (did not know about the damage when I ordered, of course...) from the Tom Petty site for standard price. The box looks like hell but all content were undamaged. Since I live in Sweden and this was a limited release I did not bother to try to get a new one.

The Bluray and the concert DVD from 1978 (spectacular good DTS sound/mix on this one given its age) are the clear highlights in the box for me.

The documentary shot around the time of Wildflowers is quite good, too. Quite honestly (for sad and obvious reasons) I won't be surprised if we will finally see that much-talked about deluxe boxset for that album soon.

I picked up 3 copies of Anthology at BB when they were dumping them for, get this, $29.99!
I kept one, sold one to a buddy and gave another friend one for his birthday.

doing my little tribute tonight listening to this and just realized that 5 songs on this are from September 21, 2006 Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gainesville, Florida 30th Anniversary concert that is featured (in full) ONLY on the Runnin' down a dream DVD 4 disc set.

I'm a Man
It's Good to Be King
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Runnin' Down a Dream with Jeff Lynne
Southern Accents

This concert is NOT featured on the Runnin' down a dream Blu-ray set.

IMO this is one of the best Tom Petty Concert recordings so it's nice to have it replicated in 2 releases.

I can't recommend the 4 DVD disc Runnin' down a dream set Highly enough and the prices for it are rising on ebay so grab one while you can.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runnin'_Down_a_Dream_(film)

Last edited:
doing my little tribute tonight listening to this and just realized that 5 songs on this are from September 21, 2006 Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gainesville, Florida 30th Anniversary concert that is featured (in full) ONLY on the Runnin' down a dream DVD 4 disc set.

I'm a Man
It's Good to Be King
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Runnin' Down a Dream
with Jeff Lynne
Southern Accents

IMO this is one of the best Tom Petty Concert recordings so it's nice to have it replicated in 2 releases.

I can't recommend the 4 DVD disc Runnin' down a dream set Highly enough and the prices for it are rising on ebay so grab one while you can.

@salsdali is it discrete at all? Asking for a friend...

I'm a Man
It's Good to Be King
Mary Jane's Last Dance
Runnin' Down a Dream
with Jeff Lynne
Southern Accents

just doing my yearly tribute to the man again, and realized there are actually 3 more songs from the Stephen C. O’Connell Center, Gainesville, Florida but from 1993 with Stan Lynch who was a great drummer.

8 songs from Gainesville, Florida, Tom really knew how to pay tribute to his home town, respect :cool:

I'd vote this the best LIVE 5.1 surround compilation ever. Prove me wrong!

Back