Queen:"Live At Wembley"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there was apoll recently on the Queen web site, or maybe the Brian May web site asking the simple question, if there was space on subsiquent DVD releases would you like a Dolby 5.1 track as well. It was around 85% who replied yes, so maybe the next discs will have a DD 5.1 track as well.

More and more people have DTS decoders but not everyone, and as the saying goes you can please all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of teh time but never all of the people all of the time !!! :ugham:

Hello friends! I found the 2003 2-DVD set for 5 bucks yesterday and was a tad disappointed with the sound: it's decent, but I think the bass is both muddy and too thin. I can solve the latter with EQ, but not the muddiness.

I'm still enjoying it, but wondering:

- Anybody else have the same experience with this set?
- How does the sound and mix of the 2003 set compare with the 2011 25th Anniversary set? Are they identical?

Thanks!

I've got the 25th anniversary edition, and you get both shows in full - including the technical rehearsal.
They are different mixers as well - the original (second) show mixed by Brian Malouf & the Friday one by Justin Shirley-Smith. The friday show is a rough cut but has some wonderful moments including a great one where Fred is doing his thing & you can clearly see the rain pelting down - visually stunning shot.
Don't know how much the earlier version differs from the reissue though, as I do not have it.

haven't watched the Wembley DVD for a long time.. doubt its 10 years but it may be knocking on for that, not long after I bought it when it first came out at any rate.. but I don't remember it sounding muddy or thin.. I'm not a big fan of this period at the end of their touring with Freddie (despite everybody else loving it)... for me they'd lost that drop-dead tightness live and Freddie in particular was totally sick of touring by then and despite him turning it on no matter what (the show must go on, after all..!) he just seems a bit tired/uninspired and the rest of them are just going thru the motions. there are better examples of this, there's their "final live in Japan" video from The Works Tour (wasn't their last Jap shows but still..) that is much more inventive and kick-ass than Wembley (less visually appealing but a better performance, it's like Rock in Rio only better!).

for an official/easy to get post-70's gig the Milton Keynes '82 show pisses all over the Wembley one, for me anyway.. it's one of the best things I've ever seen or heard by anyone!! Staying Power from Hot Space (dreadful) is transformed live, its astounding! they literally were "On Fire" that day!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00061S0K0/

haven't watched the Wembley DVD for a long time.. doubt its 10 years but it may be knocking on for that, not long after I bought it when it first came out at any rate.. but I don't remember it sounding muddy or thin.. I'm not a big fan of this period at the end of their touring with Freddie (despite everybody else loving it)... for me they'd lost that drop-dead tightness live and Freddie in particular was totally sick of touring by then and despite him turning it on no matter what (the show must go on, after all..!) he just seems a bit tired/uninspired and the rest of them are just going thru the motions. there are better examples of this, there's their "final live in Japan" video from The Works Tour (wasn't their last Jap shows but still..) that is much more inventive and kick-ass than Wembley (less visually appealing but a better performance, it's like Rock in Rio only better!).

for an official/easy to get post-70's gig the Milton Keynes '82 show pisses all over the Wembley one, for me anyway.. it's one of the best things I've ever seen or heard by anyone!! Staying Power from Hot Space (dreadful) is transformed live, its astounding! they literally were "On Fire" that day!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00061S0K0/

mmm.. here's the good stuff..

http://youtu.be/3dtTumqtTok

Back