• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

iTrader is installed

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
ARCHIVE: THIS THREAD APPLIED TO THE OLD VBULLETIN FORM. IT HAS NO FUNCTION IN THE NEW FORUM

I went ahead and installed the iTrader to the new vBulletin software.

For those that don't know how it works, there's a new rating tab in your user profile.

In the 'QQ' Swap Meet forum, in the very first post of each thread, there will be a new icon called "Rate The Seller". It's this icon that starts the feedback process. Those of you who have used this feature over at SHF will know how to use it. For everyone else, it's a new thing.

Try it out and see what you think. Leave all questions and comments concerning iTrader in this thread. If you've used it at SHF and can answer members questions, I'd appreciate it if you could chime in and respond in this thread.

THANKS

Last edited:
I made the first response for 'dbmay75'.

It works.

I tried to make a response for another '75'... 'nightflight75', but for some reason I can't.

Hi Jon,

Is there an iTrader rating filter based on a members number of posts ?

Which, of course, would make sense.

Hi Jon,

Is there an iTrader rating filter based on a members number of posts ?

Which, of course, would make sense.

Not sure what you mean. Please explain! (I never used iTrader over at SHF, but I know that people seem to like it, so I added it)

It seems like 'Junior' members do not have an iTrader button at the bottom of their posts.

I could just be something I'm not seeing...

I'm glad you added the feature !

Shoot. I really don't know. I'll ask -=Rudy=- how it all works, the details, ya' know?

Jon--if you need help, let me know!

iTrader rates sellers with positive, negative and neutral ratings like you do on eBay. There are two ways you can have iTrader tabulate scores: they can work similar to eBay where one or more positive feedbacks adds only ONE to your rating, or each positive feedback can add to your feedback score. Jon would have the ability to set it either way on the admin side.

There are also a couple of settings relating to how iTrader allows you to leave feedback. If "strict" checking is on, the URL of the "for sale" thread is checked to make sure that you are rating the thread starter (the seller) for that particular transaction, and I believe it also checks to make sure the buyer has responded in the thread. So, you can't just arbitrarily start rating any thread if you are not part of a transaction. Helps keep iTrader users honest.

Another two settings determine which forum area(s) are considered the trading/marketplace/classifieds area (where you can actually rate the transactions), and which forum area(s) your feedback score appears in. Your feedback score need not display in regular discussion areas, in other words...and it makes no sense to rate threads using iTrader that have nothing to do with buying or selling.

In the 4.0 version of vB (using iTrader 2.5.0), the rating button appears ONLY in the first post of the thread, in the same row as the Reply links.

Hope this helps!

Neil,

I have this setup in the QQ Swap Section only. The iTrader is putting a little green button on the first post of each thread for the rating. Should I take that off? I have to see how the "verification" thing works.

I have this setup in the QQ Swap Section only. The iTrader is putting a little green button on the first post of each thread for the rating. Should I take that off?

No, that's actually how it's supposed to work. I'd have to pop into the admin side of my test forum to see how it's set up. I'm using an older version of iTrader on the "production" forum, and it actually required two additional plugins to give all the features that this current version for vB4 has.

When you click the button, it should bring up a dialog box to choose a rating, enter a comment, and it should also auto-insert the URL of that thread in the dialog for you. (You should have "strict" URL checking turned on for this to work properly.)

More questions? Ask away if it's not clear! I'm switching from homework mode to vB mode and my little brain is getting confused. :D

Does anyone sell DVDA or SACD copies of quad tapes?
Harold

Sorry, but that's a no-no 'round here. We don't allow the selling of pirated, non-commercial software/music at QQ.

You can find folks that will convert your owned quad titles, but you cannot seek out CDR and DVR copies in the open forum.

For those interested, I just updated the iTrader to the latest version

Back