King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great info Neil,

These are chock full of goodies that give us all so much to look forward to!:smokin

It's probably on one of the 3 concert DVD released already.
1982 does not sound right for that though - are you sure it's not 1984 and incorrectly labelled on YouTube?

That looks like the OGWT performances that are listed in the contents for the DVD portion of Discipline- 1981.

Neil, the live 'Fracture' (and maybe the title track) were sweetened with some subtle but noticeable studio parts -- as of course was 'The Mincer', which added a vocal track. Do you know if these parts were found for the 5.1 and included in the mix?

S&BB
That's the trouble with blogs - when something gets mixed is not necessarily indicative of what will get released.
For example, LTIA was mixed ages back - we used LTIA pt1 at the Air Studios preview event before the release of ITCOTCK even, and the first mix Steven did was "Discipline"
(which has changed dramatically since the initial test mixes too). Beat - as you say - has also been mixed, but as with LTIA not mastered yet (although I did do a master of LTIA for the event). TOAPP is definitely mixed by Steven (he and his clones* may or may not have found the time to do this yet but it is happening), Thrak is almost done (yes, by Jakko) and there will be still more - although I cannot say at this point what these will be.

S&BB has been mastered and I am awaiting the files now as well as all the additional material to be included (It's a shame there is not more of "The Nightwatch" live album)
and I can confidently state everyone will be very happy with this title.
As for the remaining title, here's a game:
Think about what year this is.......

EDIT:
Full tracklistings will be posted first here on Monday morning.

Another Discipline era video (so far unreleased anywhere AFAIK) is their appearance on the ABC 'Friday' late night show in the States, where they performed the title track , and possibly one other.

Neil that is great news! I cannot wait to hear Fracture in 5.1

Those who have not listened to Fracture, be careful...don't keep anything fragile near you. It may bring the violent side of you...it makes me wanna break things...:smokin

Perhaps. FWIW.....

Once I read the CarboNation PT newsletter story about Burning Shed being run by Tim Bowness and two other names familiar to most QQ members and PT fans, I sent them a $100 order. They deserve our support as they are closer to the source and offer items that Amazon never ever will. I'm an avid Amazon user but this trumps that in my book. I use my VISA debit card and never look back. [I carry Amex and use PayPal too]

Pick your battles but above all enjoy the wonderful music being offered to us in these configurations.

I agree with supporting them. However, they are running an online business. So to limit how your customers can pay for their purchases, effectively eliminating two of the four major methods of payments is a poor
business decision. I have emailed them about this concern after I *did* initially support them and made my first purchase about two years ago. I begrudgingly used a debit card. I won't do that again. I wanted to give
them my business and support and I reiterated that to them. The reply was a canned 'we are working on it.' It doesn't take years to have a merchant account that utilizes Amex and PayPal. It takes about a day.

Once they accept American Express and PayPal, I will be happy to not only return as a customer, I would be willing to even pay slightly more than Amazon. If there are legitimate mitigating circumstances why you will
not accept the American Express Card, then at least allow me to use my Amex card via my PalPal account, because your competitors sure will.

Amex is due in 30 days (and their fee % is higher than many businesses like so they don't take it), Paypal is tapping an account right now so just the same as a debit card. Given that, I fail to see the argument for these payment types.

They are not competiong with Amazon; they are a boutique operation and will probably never meet your particular purchasing criteria.

Tim's spot on above.
Amex charge a small fortune for the "privilege" of taking their cards, and believe me you will find that most UK stores do not accept them.
PayPal is even more expensive, with a huge....check this lot out.

Standard Pricing There are no setup costs or monthly fees. Simply pay a small amount from each sale.
YOUR MONTHLY SALES YOUR FEE PER TRANSACTION EXAMPLES
$0 to $3,000 2.9% + $0.30 $3.20 fee on a $100 sale
$3,000+ to $10,000 2.5% + $0.30* $2.80 fee on a $100 sale
$10,000+ 2.2% + $0.30* $2.50 fee on a $100 sale

If your transactions typically average less than $10, you could save money with our "5% plus 5c" rate.
The pricing table above applies to domestic payments in US dollars. There's an additional 2.5% charge for any currency conversion and a 1% charge to receive payments from another country.
Pricing for Website Payments Pro & Virtual Terminal:
There is an additional $30 monthly fee for Website Payments Pro. Virtual Terminal customers also pay a $30 monthly fee and 2.4-3.1% + $0.30 per sale.
*Merchant Rate Qualification Required
When your monthly sales exceed $3,000 and you've been a PayPal member more than 90 days, please fill out a one-time application, subject to approval.

So you can see why a small business with tiny margins will not go for this.
I will not take PayPal for much the same reasons.
Also, please remember that the card companies - and PayPal - charge you for using it too. If I pay someone with PayPal, I get hit with a fee from my bank
and the merchant gets hit with fees from PayPal plus fees from his bank too.
Use a debit or Visa/Mastercard instead and the costs are under 2%, often around 1-1.5%

I ordered both of course, from Burning Shed of course, as I always do of course.

Burning Shed recently announced they are taking PayPal for a trial period, I guess to see to how it works out.

Burning Shed recently announced they are taking PayPal for a trial period, I guess to see to how it works out.

That's good to read. Perhaps I'll now cancel the Amazon plans and pre-order from Burning Shed.

I suspect that they no choice when so many potential customers had a shopping cart full of products to purchase, went to check out with PayPal and then didn't buy anything when they realized they did not accept the
method of payment (in some cases the ONLY method) that customer uses online. And then, like me, sent an e-mail asking how is it possible that in 2011 an exclusive online retailer doesn't accept PayPal?

It wasn't how much more the profit margin was by only accepting one form of payment. It was how much less it was (zero!) not accepting the other. Customers vote with their wallet. Business 101.

With every PT/SW/KC release, I watch with some bemusement as street date approaches and the complaints start rolling in on delays and product availability via Amazon. I have purchased every release via Burning Shed and have had my product delivered on time and in perfect condition with ZERO issues. The biggest part (for me at least) of the value proposition is delivery and quality of service. While everyone else is waiting and wondering when it will arrive, Burning Shed customers have already been listening for several weeks. Well worth the few $$$ difference IMHO.

Back