King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My S&BB arrived today and Discipline is on the way. Short on time at the moment so I popped the dvd in to watch the video clips...so far so good. I really like S&BB so I want to give the new mixes my full attention when I play them.

You lucky guys..my "yamazon" order has been delayed.. I guess that they were expecting to sell less copies...that's weird cause they have never fallen short before-but OTOH, it's great news for the Frippster and company!
Here's the email :(
-----
Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

King Crimson "Starless and Bible Black"
Estimated arrival date: October 13 2011 - October 22 2011
King Crimson "Discipline"
Estimated arrival date: October 13 2011 - October 22 2011

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

You have not been charged for this item. We do not debit money from your payment card until just before your items are dispatched. We will send you a dispatch confirmation email on the date of dispatch.
--------

Oh well!

yamazon sez mine has shipped...just in time for my back surgery!!!! Hopefully after they take out the huge herniated disc tomorrow (I'll tell you guys if it was a 3" CD or a normal one ;) ),
I'll be able to listen to them soon..can't wait or S&BB!!!!(and Discipline of course!)

MRW usually deliver VERY QUICKLY too!!

Here's the blurb:
--------
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Amazon.co.uk,

We are writing to let you know that the following items have been sent
to:

German Alberto Sanchez
El Molar, Madrid 28710
Spain

using MRW.

Your tracking number is (0000000). You can use this number to track the delivery status of your order online by visiting Your Account at http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account. For more information about tracking your order please visit our Help Page at http://www.amazon.co.uk/tracking.

For more information about delivery estimates and any open orders, please visit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/your-account

Your order #202-6114600-0000000 (received September 21, 2011)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Delivery Subtotal

Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Discipline £11.73 1 £11.73

1 Starless and Bible Black £11.73 1 £11.73

Dispatched via MRW (estimated arrival date: October 10, 2011).

Tracking number: 00000000000

Item Subtotal: £19.88
Delivery and handling: £2.47
VAT: £4.02

Pre-order Guarantee: £0.00

Total: £26.37

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this order. If the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you will pay the lowest price. Terms and conditions apply.

This completes your order.

I'm hoping my copy of Discipline comes in today! S&BB came in on Monday. Haven't had time to listen to it yet, but I'm hoping to listen later this evening!

My Discipline came this afternoon - great service from Burning Shed as usual. I'll spin it tomorrow if I have time, and I'm curious to see/hear if it changes my opinion of the album (this was never a period of KC I was fond of).

Got them both now! This weekend I am alone in the flat, so the volume knob might wander to places not visited for several months.

:)

Oh Oh. Just received Discipline. S&BB was mailed a week before it from BS. I haven't seen S&BB. No insurance.....sucks. "Discipline" makes me glad that I have 2 subwoofers.

Oh Oh. Just received Discipline. S&BB was mailed a week before it from BS. I haven't seen S&BB. No insurance.....sucks. "Discipline" makes me glad that I have 2 subwoofers.

My notices were the same but S&BB showed up 4 days after Discipline. Give it a couple days.

I used play.com (free shipping in Europe)

Strangely enough, the first thing I noticed on Starless and Bible Black: The additional track "Easy Money" (5.1 DTS only) plays in Dolby Digital unless you switch to the other audio track which is the DTS. I guess Neil wanted to be DVD compliant and such so have a default Dolby track as well.

Just received these 2 reeases 5 minutes after the ambulance dropped me off at HOME(now , THAT is timing!!!!)...excellent therapy for back surgery!!!
Listening to "Discipline"...
IT
IS
A
MA
ZIIIIIINNNNGGGG

GREAT JOB EVERYBODY....!!!!
an exemplary 5.1 mix!!!
:smokin

Easy now, careful with that back... :)

My SABB arrived today too, strangely several days after Discipline shipped simultaneously :mad:@: Anyway, it's yet again a great remaster, congrats to everyone involved!

Discipline arrived today exactly 1 week after SABB from Burning Shed. Currently getting reacquainted with the album. Great mix (possibly the best so far), although being a newer recording it doesn't seem such a dramatic improvement as the magic achieved on the early albums. I'll reserve judgement and listen to it a few more times before further comment.

I used play.com (free shipping in Europe)

Strangely enough, the first thing I noticed on Starless and Bible Black: The additional track "Easy Money" (5.1 DTS only) plays in Dolby Digital unless you switch to the other audio track which is the DTS. I guess Neil wanted to be DVD compliant and such so have a default Dolby track as well.

Weird.

There is a "hidden" AC3 stream there, but it should not be accessible as there is a Pre-Command forcing DTS....
Hmmm

Back