King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished listening to Poseidon. Yeah, it's a great little album. Well, actually for me it is a great major album, being the first KC I listened to. :)

The mixes are very good, with Cat Food and Groon being highlights musically (and mixwise). Mastering and authoring are good, just crank up the volume and let go!

Devil's Triangle is handled fine considering the source material, but is still a disappointment. (...all that could have been...)

A big thanks to all involved!

You can tell the difference 'Devils Triangle' is good but does not sound as crisp or tidy as the rest of the album, though i have to say i am impressed with the fake surround mix that has been created.
To be honest 'Cat Food' has to be a demo for surround a new high in surround mixing for me anyway.

Poseiden and islands arrived yesterday. Can't wait for the weekend to do some serious listening!

Islands is better than ever and Poseidon was really fun as it showed up today. Gotta go to Vegas so the Crimson listening orgy will be another week....

both discs arrived in my mailbox today but with a lot going on here at the moment it'll be monday or tuesday before I can give them a spin.

as usual, great service from burning shed - prompt shipping and very well packaged for the flight over.

Any idea when these new ones are coming out in the USA?

Should be the same as in the UK/Europe.
They got their masters at the same time.......as did WDH in Japan - really looking forward to those versions, as the Japanese Vinyl Replica sets are superbly made.
ITCOTCK has 4 discs in this edition (at least, it looks like 4 discs - my copies of the Jap releases will remain sealed)

Many thanks to all the folks that threw rocks at my head for not using Burning Shed last year to order the KC discs.

This year I did, I did, I did use Burning Shed and Islands/ITWOP were here in 7 (seven) business days.

Excellent service, about forty-eleven million times faster than a certain internet retailer who shall remain anonymous, but their initials are AMAZON. (y)

It seems BurningShed has even improved their shipping. When I started to order from them, arrival to Spain took 6-8 business days. But nowadays it's down to 4 business days. (y)

Not sure what the dislike for amazon is in this case. I got both Wake and Island in the same package in less than a week (was shipped Oct 2 and I had it my hands on the 5th) to California. The first batch I ordered from Burning Shed and service was fine but no huge difference in service as far as I could tell.

My local independent retailer still cannot get these....and that is from DGM! The release date for the US keeps slipping from week to week. I guess a very limited run was made for sale via Burning Shed. John S.

My local independent retailer still cannot get these....and that is from DGM! The release date for the US keeps slipping from week to week. I guess a very limited run was made for sale via Burning Shed. John S.

I'm not sure how limited they are but burningshed still has these in stock. Anyone that wants these should just go there and order them NOW and not wait for their availability anywhere else.

I'm not sure how limited they are but burningshed still has these in stock. Anyone that wants these should just go there and order them NOW and not wait for their availability anywhere else.

No matter how many times it is said, it amazes me that with each KC release, there are complaints about Amazon, the US release date, not available at local retail, etc. I'd like to support my local music store (if I could find one) but I have been listening to the latest KC in surround for weeks now - how? Burning Shed - no fuss, no muss.

I don't mind putting these off for awhile. A batch of SHM SACDs comes out next week and I've only got so much money.

Back