King Crimson DVD-A Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rang, I got the first three in the series from Amazon (took forever, multiple missed shipping dates) and the second set of releases from BurningShed (no delays).

There is no way you can tell which came from where by looking at the packaging, jewel cases, discs, etc. They are on the same label, use the same ID sequence which is printed in the same place on each package's spine.

It's the same release, the difference being if BurningShed says they have the disc, they actually do have it (and DO get the insurance, one member here lost his order to the deep, dark Atlantic).

Chris- I see you are now a member of the QC mob! Do track down Red before it becomes "OOP" and out of the world priced....I had never heard it before hand and find it one of the best Crimson releases, sort of the pinnacle of the third personnel version of the group. John S.

Chris- I see you are now a member of the QC mob! Do track down Red before it becomes "OOP" and out of the world priced....I had never heard it before hand and find it one of the best Crimson releases, sort of the pinnacle of the third personnel version of the group. John S.

These are not going to go out of print any time soon - don't worry about that.
All versions are from the same set of masters - I make 3 sets: Europe, USA & Japan, all from the same master project compile

These are not going to go out of print any time soon - don't worry about that.
All versions are from the same set of masters - I make 3 sets: Europe, USA & Japan, all from the same master project compile
I remember you mentioning this before but it's GREAT news...especially for quadheads like me who still haven't found a decent job...good luck to me! ;=)
Thanks, Neil! I think it's GREAT that you are part of this community AND part of this very important series-very happy for you-this kind of gig is mind blowing! Maybe you have tried to pinch yourself to make sure it's real (...or maybe not!)

Maybe I missed it here, but does anybody know the expected release date of the next set of KC DVD-A's? Which discs are coming next? I'm really looking forward to Discipline, Beat, and ToaPP.

Maybe I missed it here, but does anybody know the expected release date of the next set of KC DVD-A's? Which discs are coming next? I'm really looking forward to Discipline, Beat, and ToaPP.

Hope it's before Sept, 2011 & also hope Discipline is part of the next batch. (y)

Maybe you have tried to pinch yourself to make sure it's real (...or maybe not!)

I honestly think I am one of the luckiest guys on the planet.
I don't have to work for a living - I play all day & get paid for doing it, plus I get to hear some superb music & meet some amazing people.
Pinch myself?
You betcha I do - on almost a daily basis!

I honestly think I am one of the luckiest guys on the planet.
I don't have to work for a living - I play all day & get paid for doing it, plus I get to hear some superb music & meet some amazing people.
Pinch myself?
You betcha I do - on almost a daily basis!

EXCELLENT!!! You are one of the few "blessed" (religious connotations aside) people who gets paid to do something they love doing!!

BTW, kudos on the awesome job on these DVD-As -AND for pushing the envelope to release the 5.1 mixes on 96/24 ;)

I have NEVER heard ITWOP or Islands but I'll get them now that I found a job this week!!! (OK, it's my 2nd favorite job-aviation purchases-, and it's got a 45 day trial period thru a temp agency-but I'm gonna crush it!!! I'd love to get paid for recording and mixing or mastering but I still haven't lost hope-the 96/24 Stereo and Quad mixes for my group's latest CD are almost done and we've really worked hard on this one; of course I will let you guys in as soon as they're done)

I know how exciting it can be to see your name on the credits of important releases (well, mine are not nearly as impressive as yours, but at least one of them is still in print on Sony Music)...

Cheers. Neil!!!

Hey Kap, nice to see you're back in business :)

It's been a long time without news on LTiA. Really looking forward to get my hands on it, my personal fav KC album. Is there any hope for a springtime release?

Hey Kap, nice to see you're back in business :)

It's been a long time without news on LTiA. Really looking forward to get my hands on it, my personal fav KC album. Is there any hope for a springtime release?

Back in September Steven said on his FB page that a spring release was likely for Larks and Beat

Hi Neil:

Any definitive word on the next batch of King Crimson DVD-A releases?

Thank you!

Just so great to know new things are in the pipeline.

Good things come to those who wait; I include myself in than number. :smokin:

Looking forward to buying more KC DVD-A particularly Larks tongue and Starless.
What new 5.1 remixing project can we get Steve Wilson interested in next?

I wish he'd get back to Porcupine Tree. I kinda lost interest with The Incident, but PT is still the most interesting project he has, to my ears. I haven't been paying that much attention, but hasn't SW given way to someone else to do the KC 5.1 mixing?

Looking forward to buying more KC DVD-A particularly Larks tongue and Starless.
What new 5.1 remixing project can we get Steve Wilson interested in next?

Yeah, and Discipline and ToaPP!

Honestly, I'd like to see him continue with mixing other artists in surround. :eek: Why not Peter Gabriel IV or Radiohead's OK Computer... :p

Back