DVD/DTS Poll Ritenour, Lee - 6 STRING THEORY [DTS 96-24/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Lee Ritenour - 6 STRING THEORY

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters
I wish Monster would ship outside of the USA, I absolutely cannot get that Anjulie disc anywhere.. :(

Just saw this on the Monster website:

Bongo.jpg

I had trouble getting CDs from them
a few years ago
I rang them from Aus. the person I wanted was not there
I left a message and (HE RANG ME BACK)
I got what I wanted

for an album that pretty much left me cold in stereo (and I LOVE Lukather, Ritenour et al.) this surround mix really takes the music and transforms it!! the mix is, in a word, PEERLESS!! Thank you for all your efforts getting me this one Paul, I'm so grateful - the best Christmas present.. and there've been a few great surround things lately but this is an out and out stunner.

I feel a "10" coming on :eek:

for an album that pretty much left me cold in stereo (and I LOVE Lukather, Ritenour et al.) this surround mix really takes the music and transforms it!! the mix is, in a word, PEERLESS!! Thank you for all your efforts getting me this one Paul, I'm so grateful - the best Christmas present.. and there've been a few great surround things lately but this is an out and out stunner.

I feel a "10" coming on :eek:

In the absence of the "thank" and "like" buttons, let me say it was my pleasure to help you out. Truly. I'm thrilled that you're enjoying it!

Thanks for turning my attention to this release. I did like the previous SuperDiscs very much (Charles, Benson, Jarreau) and obviously "needed" to have that, too. But Monster Music does neither seem to be interested in advertising their products (first heard of this disc 3 years after release in this thread !!) nor really selling them outside of the US. It was impossible for me to use one of their proposed payment options, because even if I paid by Paypal for a shipment to a US address the system would deny my Paypal payment from outside the US. I cannot believe that !

I now asked one of my US relatives to order it for me, which he gladly did over the Christmas days. Will report once arrived. (y)

Edit: I also ordered their new Miles Davis - Sketches of Spain, this was available over ama.com.

Congratulations ! Anxious to hear your from you after you have listened. I found the surround sound to be as good as with the other Monster discs, but bass a bit too thick for my taste (dts 24/96). Have fun !!!

This is a pretty cool collection of celebrated guitarists covering a wide range of styles. The mix is terrific and impressively active with the soloists spread out in the sound space. Since some tracks feature 3 or more guitarists I’m glad the booklet lists their placement (i.e. Lee panned left, Steve panned right, etc) although, frustratingly, the track sequence is out of order and 2 pieces are omitted. My only real beef with this disc is the EQ. Although at times the treble can be a bit bright (most annoyingly on hi-hat, harmonica) it’s the boosted bass that bothers me most. I find it out of balance and quite fatiguing at higher volumes. A shame, since it’s a very well recorded disc and has potential to be an absolute stunner sound wise. An 8 for me.

Hmmm! I'm actually quite happy with the dynamics - yeah the bass is punchy but it is very clear and precise. I'm giving this one a straight 10. Outstanding music, sound and mix.

OK where might Snood acquire one of these beauties

Tried their website but they only have the benson, ray Charles or the charlie brown surround sound titles showing.

If me go to Amazon or ebay etc....it looks like just a regular cd

Link a Snood if ya got it and thank you :banana:

Thaaaaaank you....called them up and yes they have like 130 left....19.98 free shipping....

Went ahead and ordered the ray Charles surround 2 disc set for only 9.98 and same with the Benson but 19.98

But yeah they say they updating site and not all products have been inputted and some are missing.

First me heard of these.... what a noob ... Snood a Snoob

Thank you very much...can't wait to hear these. Saw some said the Benson was very good so hoping.......and 9.o8 on ray of fat that's almost free 8P

You're welcome! I only recently became aware of these myself (thanks Clint!) and have since picked up several. They are very well done.

Thanks for bringing this back to life.

I just ordered both the 6 String disc and Ray Charles' "Genius Loves Company" by telephone. The Ray Charles disc has gone up in price by US$5, now $14.95. They are going to honor the free shipping. The sales person said that both discs have been discontinued.

I'll join the throng of 10's. Great mix. Great sonics. Something here for everybody. EQ don't bother me none. Even the drums wrap around in surround! 96/24, DTS-HD on my receiver.
I love the level of community surrounding (heh heh) this disc. Mates mailing it international to fellow QQers. As for me, I got it because a QQer sent it to me at cost, years after buying two. Good stuff QQ!

Back