DVD/DTS Poll Ritenour, Lee - 6 STRING THEORY [DTS 96-24/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Lee Ritenour - 6 STRING THEORY

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters
I bought this in a Best Buy store. It was not easy to find.
They have it hidden in the Magnolia Home Theater section, not in the music/cd section of the store.
They told me that the Monster representative hand delivered these discs to the stores.
Only 2 copies per store and only selected stores around here.
The sales staff can look it up, it shows up in inventory, but almost nobody in the store knows it's there.
The worst marketing I've ever seen for a music release.

I definitely like this release, worth the search.

Tom in So. Cal

Hey guys - something just dawned on me. I think I know why Monster is completely uninterested in international sales. For those of you who have this disc, didn't you find it odd that it came in such a big box? Obviously this company - which has produced what? Ten music discs? - isn't equipped to sell something so small. Shipping a box that size overseas would be ridiculous.

Of course, this is not my area of expertise, but this odd ball niche of Monster has me perplexed!!!

Yeah, why did it come in the HUGE box? Then they filled it with those air bags to fill the space. Just for a CD sized disc. I thought that was very odd.

Just got my copy of this disc today and while only about 1/2 of the tracks truly appeal to me, I was ridiculously impressed by the quality of this very discrete surround sound presentation. A definite 10!

Great disc
lots O stars lots O tracks lots O fun
first 10 to a disc thats not DVD-A or SACD

I know we're all excited about the Rush disc coming out tomorrow, but tonight I was listening to "6 String Theory" and remembering how thrilled I was (and am) with how great it is. With not many releases in the past 12 months, THIS disc is certainly a treat. So, really, I'm only posting in order to draw some attention back here. This is a great disc!

I have been hanging on to post my comments so that I had been able to gt to know the album before voting. I have given it a 10 as it is almost perfect in the mix of guitarists, the choice of music and the quality of the recording. I'm lucky enough to have a DTS 24/96 processor that pulls out everything in there. We use to have a radio programme over here (in the UK) called "The Tingle Factor" about pieces of music that the weekly guests would highlight as being of such quality and emotional content that it gave them the self-explanatory buzz. This whole disc does that for me - quite stunning!

For all Joe Bonamassa fans there is another exceptional track of his on this disc. Worth buying for that alone (as well as his new CD "Dust Bowl" and Black Country Communion. They may not surround but they are cracking albums.

And a special thanks to my new QQ friend who kindly beat the system to ship it out of the USA - you know who you are!

I cannot buy this from the site shipped to Australia. I emailed the company asking them how I can get it and no reply. So much for spreading quality music !!

Yes, they didn't reply to me, too. Seems they don't care for sales outside the US.

If anyone outside the US is interested in this disc I will help you out. Send me a PM.

UPDATE 4/18: I spoke to Lawrence at Monster today. He said there are several copies still available. They also have Anjulie and George Benson in stock. I can't locate any at several Best Buys in my area nor are they available via Concord. It will be cheaper to place a single order so PM me soon if you want in on this. PayPal only.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that the disc(s) currently available at Monster Music is the same as described in this thread? The website image and description leave me uncertain.

That's where I bought it and it has the correct attributes: On stage surround experience, In the audience surround experience, HDS, Superdisc and etc.

Just picked this up from the Monster website. Totally agree - a wonderful DTS surround mix. Everything is great! 10

Back